24 Remote Work Tools for Happy and Productive Employees
It's no secret that since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, working away from the office has become increasingly more popular. And while it offers teams many advantages like higher autonomy and increased flexibility, there are disadvantages.
Some of the most significant remote work challenges for teams include communication/language barriers, performance tracking, and scheduling. Unfortunately, these challenges may cause a lack of motivation and satisfaction for work and reduced productivity.
Thanks to innovative technology, you can choose and implement the right remote work tools to keep your employees happy and productive. So without further ado, let's review the best 24 remote work tools for boosting team productivity.
Top Remote Work Tools for Remote Teams
Best Project Management Software for Teams and Individuals
Monday.com is one of the best web-based project management software in the market today. From its simple to use and intuitive interface to its collaborative workspace, the software helps to keep everyone aligned and motivated. The software aims to offer an all-in-one platform to manage your workload, stay on top of your work, communicate efficiently, and manage risks in one go.
- Task and Sub-task Management: Assign tasks to team members automatically and keep them up to date through notifications. Categorize and prioritize tasks by order of urgency. Create functional lists and duties for your teams.
- Workflow Automation and Management: Use Monday.com's work OS to initiate and apply code-free automation. Save time on redundant tasks and work on more viral works with your teams.
- Resource Management: Plan, track, and manage your resources and budget allocations. Allocate resources to the right teams for a productive outcome.
- Risk Management: Capture risks within the project and create mitigating actions to handle the risks.
- Multiple Project Views: Check project overviews and progress via numerous windows like Gantt charts, Kanban boards, tables, calendar, and form views.
- Dashboards: Track changes, receive notifications and updates, and prioritize tasks from one single view. Keep up to date with the weekly task load for teams.
- File Sharing: Attach, upload, and share documents across the platform. Instantly access all the documents you need from one resource.
- Collaboration Tools: Send notifications, tag team members, and comment on tasks in real-time.
- Integrations: Work with all your favorite tools from one platform. Centralize your data more effectively using integrations with other business applications.
Monday.com has five pricing packages. The first plan is free but only suitable for a maximum of two users. The other four plans are all paid, namely: Basic, Standard, Pro, and Enterprise, which has a custom price set as per your company's needs.
Get started with Monday.com today through their free 14-day trial.
Best Task Management Tool for Teams and Companies of All Sizes
ClickUp software focuses primarily on workflow management, including assigning, prioritizing, customizing, and tracking tasks. The tool gives you complete control of your tasks and subtasks while also managing your teams.
- Customizable Tasks: Use any of the 35+ ClickUp applications to manage your tasks automatically or manually. Create automated workflows, assign sprint points, and add custom fields in one go.
- Tracking Tools: Track your team's progress with time widgets, sprint management, statuses, time tracking, embeds, and many more tracking tools.
- Handy Project Views: Analyze, sort, and keep up your tasks using any of ClickUp's 15 project views.
- Customization: Create custom work routines, templates, task dependencies. Links tasks and documents to create the correct visual database for your company.
- ClickUp Overview: Create a hierarchy of the perfect work structure with the needs and goals of the project in mind. Get a birds-eye view of everything going on across every level of your organization. Organize teams into smaller workspaces and departments for easier tracking and communication.
- Collaboration Tools: Communicate via chats, emails, and comments. Share documents and files with your team and collaborate on project ideas and bugs in real-time.
- Real-time Reporting: Set goals, track their progress, and manage your resources with reporting features.
- Integrations: Synchronize your work with over 1000 other applications and tools.
Like Monday.com, ClickUp has five pricing plans starting with a free forever plan with up to 100 MB of data. The remaining four plans: Unlimited, Business, Business Plus, and Enterprise, are all paid starting from $5 per member per month, billed either monthly or annually.
Try out ClickUp's free plan today or buy into any paid plans and benefit from a 45% discount on yearly payments.
Best Team Collaboration Software for Teams
With over 2.3 million users, Wrike is obsessed with improving how remote teams work by boosting their collaboration efforts. The software believes that the future of work is remote, and the best way to support your team is to streamline how teams communicate with each other, coordinate tasks together, and improve teleworking situations.
- Messaging: Indulge in real-time messaging to eliminate miscommunication and cluttered email messages and chains.
- Collaboration Tools: Get one source of truth for communication with Wrike’s @mentions, real-time editing, and chat integrations.
- File sharing: Upload and attach documents for easy access to other team members. Search or archive complete projects for future reference.
- Work Management: Unlock your team's potential with productivity features such as in-context proofing, workflow silos, and automation.
- Dynamic Request Forms: Manage requests from teams, process them across departments, review and assign tasks accordingly.
- Time Tracking: Track work hours, log in staff durations, and monitor billing for valuable work.
- Custom Workflows: Create workflows that suit your company’s needs and switch them up depending on your project’s life cycle.
- Wrike Spaces: Organize and categorize projects and folders for easier reach. Allow clear visualization of tasks, projects, and resources from one platform.
- Visualization Tools: Use Gantt charts and Kanban boards to get a good view of your tasks as project priorities and dependencies.
- Advanced Analytics: Monitor team performance and progress in real-time with company insights and reporting tools.
- 400+ App Integrations: Increase your work efficiency with additional business apps such as Slack, Outlook, Salesforce, Microsoft Teams, among others.
Wrike offers software for multiple teams, including professional service providers, marketers, creative teams, entrepreneurs, and freelancers. That said, the software has many pricing offers packaged in different plans with different tiers providing various products.
There's a free plan that only supports up to five users, after which you pay for their plans starting from their professional plan that costs $9.80 per user, payable monthly.
Sign up now for Wrike’s free plan.
Best Work and Project Management Solution for Remote Teams
Teamwork is a SaaS all-in-one project management tool that helps manage project life cycles, streamline internal communications, and provide customer support. The software features excellent tools that allow teams to collaborate, track, and manage projects from anywhere in the world from one platform.
- Work Management: Create tasks and assign them to multiple assignees; add comments and notes to tasks: prioritize and organize projects based on urgency.
- Customizable Workflows and Dashboards: Set up a series of work processes based on the type of project and its lifecycle. View the project as a whole as a work in progress from the dashboard. Update the board with the project's health status on an ongoing basis.
- Gantt Charts and Kanban Boards: Visualize each workflow from the start of the end with either of the project views.
- Portfolio Management: Maintain transparency at work with a panoramic view of each project. Spot risks and roadblocks at every phase or stage.
- Workload Management: Streamline your project planning by assigning tasks to various teams. Optimize resources to move the workload much faster.
- Helpdesk: Offer quick support to your clients with a customer support portal.
- Teamwork Chat: Communicate seamlessly with other teammates via the chat and messenger in-apps.
- Sales CRM: Control your project and sales leads with clients and customers from one location.
- Time Tracking: Monitor team performance as per the time spent on work, billable and nonbillable hours, plus the total work and staff hours.
- Resource Management: Assign the right equipment to the right team members at the right time to optimize the usability of each resource.
- Third-party Integrations: Work on your projects with the best applications thanks to integrations with Slack, Google Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Quickbooks, among other business apps.
Teamwork has four subscription plans: Free, Deliver, Grow, and Scale. The free option is viable for a maximum of only five members and two projects, and the other three paid plans cost from $10 to over $18 per user per month.
Get started today with Teamwork for free or sign up for their 30-day free trial.
Top Project Management Platform for Productivity
Hive is the world's first democratic project management software built by users for users. It's a flexible cloud-based software focusing on workload and task management. It offers users the freedom to automate work processes, utilize resources, and collaborate on projects under one roof.
- Work Automation and Customization: Set up a series of steps for each task and project to save time on recreation.
- Collaboration Tools: Communicate better and in real-time with native chat applications, collaborative notes, and email integrations.
- Dashboard Views: Organize and view your projects via kanban boards or resource utilization charts to track and maintain productivity on tasks.
- Hive Analytics: Build up to three work views to track your workspace productivity using key performance metrics. Identify bottlenecks, risks, and gaps and follow up with mitigating actions.
- Native Integrations: Integrate your Hive account with other software such as Google Workspace, Salesforce, Jira, or Zapier.
- Automated Timesheets: Track the progress and status of projects via time tracking timesheets.
- Activity Monitoring: Track the availability of your teammates to optimize their times.
- Device Support: Use any device available to you to connect with your team members, either Windows, iOS, Android, Mac, or Linux.
Hive has three pricing packages: Hive Solo, Hive Teams, and Hive Enterprise. Hive Solo is only ideal for small teams, freelancers, or individuals. Hive Teams works for multiple users, and portfolio management costs $12 per user per month, leaving Hive Enterprise for large organizations.
Try any of their plans today for free for 14 days.
Simplest Project Management Software for Project Planning
nTask is one of the simplest project management software in the market today. With a user-friendly interface, easy setup functionalities, and a 24/7 accessible customer support portal, you can work with this software regardless of the type of industry, company size, and number of users. The software is feature-rich with all the significant components of project management, making it perfect for you.
- Project Management: Maintain focus on company issues, tasks, and projects. Manage your project deliverables, streamline your plans, and track your task dependencies in one location.
- Task Management: Create tasks, assign members to projects, add notes, comments, or descriptions, and set deadlines and milestones for each project.
- Built-in Time Tracking: Track time spent working by each team member with the time tracker. Generate timesheet reports and logs with time management features.
- Risk Management: Track your issues and risks along with their severity and assign statuses to them. Identify additional threats that may affect their performance using the risk assessment matrix.
- Meeting and Calendar Management: Plan, schedule, and manage your team meetings in one go. Schedule, evaluate, and revise decisions and actions in each session via the meeting agendas and discussion notes.
- Visualization Tools: Organize and view your workflows via kanban boards or Gantt charts to increase efficiency and flexibility at work. Create a transparent workflow with custom statuses, pre-made templates, and related links.
- Collaboration Tools: Work alongside your team members with ease using team chats, team invites, and dedicated workspaces. Keep everyone abreast of any changes to projects.
- Security Applications: Keep your communication histories, documents, and work processes secure with the Two-factor authentication system that's safe, secure, and foolproof.
- Mobile Access: Access your work and other members via mobile apps available on iOS and Android.
- 1000+ Integrations: Work with your favorite apps such as Slack, Dropbox, Gmail, and Zapier.
nTask has four subscription plans: Basic, Premium, Business, and Enterprise. Basic is a forever free plan while Premium and Business are paid plans going for $3 and $8 per user per month, billed annually.
Buy into any of the paid plans today and enjoy a 33% discount on yearly payments. Better yet, join the 14-day free trial and experience all that nTask has to offer.
7. Troop Messenger
Team Collaboration and Workplace Communication Platform
TroopMessenger is one of the best online collaboration tools with an intuitive interface, compact chat applications, and contemporary tools excellent at addressing your remote business needs.
- Group Calling: Communicate directly with your teammates with voice and video call features.
- In-built Screen Sharing: Share content, comments, notes, and documents with other members through an audio or video call.
- Instant Messaging (IM): Engage in one on one communication via the in-app chat app. Recall, copy, forward, reply, delete your conversations in one go. Use the Forkout function to instantly message participants and groups at a single point in time.
- Burnout Feature: Communicate with teams in a private window where chats have no history.
- Dashboards: Track every project action from a single source of truth.
- File Sharing: Share documents, files, and attachments with other users via chats and other communication apps.
- High Storage Capacity: Choose between 150 GB or 1TB worth of storage to keep your data stored properly.
- Contact Management: Add, edit, store and retrieve contacts from the management module whenever you need them.
- Integrations: Integrate your account with other apps such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
TroopMessenger has three pricing plans, all of which are paid. Premiums cost $2.5, Enterprise at $5, and Superior at $9, payable per user per month. You also have the option to get add-ons to your package at $2 per user per month.
Experience the Enterprise package today via the one-month free trial.
Cloud-Based Team Collaboration and Project Management Software
ProofHub is a collaborative all-in-one platform for work management. The system aims to provide a tool that can organize and simplify team management, streamline team communication, and track team performance to ensure productivity and profitability.
- Task Management: Track your work in progress, statuses, and resources to clarify the tasks at hand. Create tasks and subtasks and assign them to multiple assignees for faster completion.
- Online Proofing: Get feedback on your work faster and in real-time with the online markup tools.
- Collaboration Tools: Chat, hold discussions, create discussion topics, and cut down on long email threads with accessible communication features.
- Multiple Project Views: Plan and present project data in an organized manner for all to view. Capture every phase or stage of the project via kanban boards, Gantt charts, table view, or calendar view.
- Custom Roles: Define responsibilities and assign permissions to members based on organizational workflows.
- Time Tracking: Track time spent working on assignments manually or automatically and record them on timesheets.
- Project Reporting: Gain control of your resources via project and resource reports generated by the system.
- Activity Logs: Stay ahead of all the activities within the company without switching from project to project.
- Integrations: Bring all your apps together within ProofHub for easier collaboration.
ProofHub has only two pricing plans: Ultimate and Essential. Ultimate costs $89 per month billed annually and $99 per month billed monthly, while Essential costs $45 per month billed annually and $50 per month billed monthly.
Start your free ProofHub trial today.
Number One Messaging App for Remote Teams
Slack is a chat application that aims to boost employees’ productivity by providing a digital space for effective communications. The software allows for one-on-one conversations, groups or room discussions, and in-app integrations with additional communication tools.
- Instant Messaging: Collaborate on tasks more seamlessly with live communication channels and direct messaging.
- File Sharing: Share or drag-and-drop documents and files attachments for other members to see.
- Voice and Video Calls: Enhance live communication with video conferencing and direct voice calls within Slack.
- Screen Sharing: Share and show your work with other team members in real-time to enhance collaboration.
- Channels: Create dedicated workspaces within the software for people, files, conversations, and tools.
- Workflow Builder: Automate repetitive workflows, reduce human error, and save time for more crucial work.
- Searchable Databases: Find, replace, or archive your documents and conversations for future reference.
- Custom Notifications: Curate your settings and choose how often you'd like to receive your notifications.
- 2,200+ Integrations: Streamline your work by connecting your Slack account with other tools like Google Workspace and Microsoft Office 365.
Slack has four pricing plans: Free, Pro, Business, and Enterprise grid. The free plan is the quickest way to get started with Slack, and the package allows for at least ten integrations and access to over 10,000 messages. Pro and Business cost $6.67 and $12.50 per month, respectively, leaving Enterprise with custom prices.
Sign up today for Slack, the one platform for your team and work.
Best Remote Work Tool for Project Visualization and Scalability
Asana is a fully-fledged project management software with both task and work management capabilities. The software offers a comprehensive toolkit with amazing features ranging from collaboration, workload organization, customization, and visualization.
- Customizable Dashboards: Arrange your tasks, notes, and other project details depending on your project’s life cycle and workflow.
- Automation: Save time on redundant tasks using automated work processes, scheduling, and notifications.
- Project Portfolio Management: Manage as little or as many projects as you would like while keeping all your users on the same page.
- Different Project Views: Analyze your work in progress in various formats: list, calendar, timeline, and kanban boards.
- Workload Tracking: Keep track of your progress and tasks with milestones and action plans. Crate to-do list to follow up on every stage of the project.
- File Management: Attach files and documents to other tools like Dropbox or other devices.
- Integrations: Maintain a steady workflow by integrating with other apps.
Asana has four pricing packages: Basic, Premium, Business, and Enterprise. Basic is free; Premium and Business cost $10.99 and $24.99 per user per month, respectively, and Enterprise requires custom billing depending on the features you desire.
Try Asana today and get the power, control, and customization you need to manage your teams.
11. Google Drive
Best Cloud Storage App for Documents and File Attachments
Google Drive is a file storage software that keeps all your documents secure in one location. As a remote work tool, it's also excellent at sharing all document formats from pdf files, spreadsheets, presentations, and more.
- Real-time Collaboration: Work on Google files with your teammates in real-time without any lags.
- Free Cloud Storage: Get up to 15 GB of storage free as soon as you sign up for a Google account.
- Google Workspace Integration: Gain access to the whole suite of Google products from Google Files for editing, Google Docs for communication, Google Slides, and other products.
- Extensive File Sharing: Share up to 10 GB of documents via email using the share with Drive option.
- Offline Document Management: Work on your essential documents offline and automatically synchronize changes and updates once you access a signal.
- Customization: Control access to the documents for both individuals and teams with the granular sharing settings. Manage all your edits and changes with the edit and view options.
- Searchable Databases: Search, retrieve, and archive files using the option. Search live documents online with searchable URLs.
- Universal Compatibility: Store any document without converting the files to Microsoft Office files or PDFs formats.
- Automatic Syncing: Gain access to all your documents across multiple devices and all Google products.
- Professional Templates: Save time creating designs and simply use the hundreds of templates available in the Google drive library.
- Version Control: Get real-time updates on a single document as you work simultaneously with other users.
- Work History: Get up to speed with the changes made to a shared document through the Google Drive history section.
Upon opening a Google account, you automatically get the free plan on Google drive that offers you up to 15 GB of free storage. To upgrade the storage, you'll then have to pay a monthly fee of $1.99 for 100 GB, $9.99 for 1 TB, and $99.99 for 10 TB.
Try Google Drive for free today.
Cloud-Based File Hosting Tool
Dropbox is a cloud storage service like iCloud, Microsoft OneDrive, and Google Drive, except it's a better alternative. Besides the cloud-based storage, you also get reliable file syncing and advanced collaboration features.
- Dropbox Paper: Jot down notes you can easily share with other users.
- Dropbox Rewind: Restore any deleted or edited files you may have accidentally trashed.
- API: Synchronize, share and collaborate on documents with other users on the platform.
- Spaces: Use the virtual workspace to create action plans, log meetings, and share files.
- File Management: Take control of all the files shared or stored in the software. Use searchable tags to find documents much more straightforward.
- Dropbox Transfer: Share large files across the web in a single click.
- Smart Sync and Showcase: Control hard-drive storage and keep up to date with level transfers.
- Integrated 3rd Party Office Tools: Work better by integrating with other business apps available in the app center, such as Google Workspace and Microsoft Office 365.
- File Syncing: Sync all your new and updated files into your devices without the back and forth collaboration.
- Offline Access: Mark files for offline access and works on them without an internet connection.
- Dropbox Security: Keep your data safe and secure in the software with the app's 256-bit AES encryption and two-step authentication.
Like Google Drive, Dropbox has a free tier that provides up to 2 GB of storage. After that, there are three paid pricing packages: Professional at $16.58 per month, Standard at $12.50 per month, and Advanced at $20 per month.
Try Dropbox today for free for 30 days.
Kanban-style Project Management Software
Trello is one of the best Kanban software in the market. The software uses beautiful kanban boards to facilitate collaboration, organization, and productivity of team users and their respective tasks and goals. What's more, the software can help with task management and visualization capabilities for projects.
- Workflows Management: Create, organize, and manage tasks by moving cards from one list to another or one board to another.
- Tasks Management: Divide work into tasks and subtasks and delegate them accordingly to teams and multiple assignees.
- Dashboards: Keep up to speed with all your projects, statuses, and tasks with boards, lists, and action cards.
- Lean Customization: Create cards and work guides to processes just as you'd like them instead of following standard routines.
- Built-in Automation: Use the AI-powered automation tool, Butler, to take charge of repetitive tasks and automate all your project workflows.
- Custom Fields: Add, edit and store vital information such as cost estimates, and phone numbers to your projects in one place.
- Collaboration Tools: Communicate and coordinate with other teams/ users using notes and comments for feedback and checklists for accountability.
- Team Directory: Learn more about your teammates via the team registry.
- Trello Chrome Extension: Keep off toggling between browsers and work more seamlessly.
- Integrations: Collaborate with other users by adding business apps or file attachments from cloud storage services like Google Drive and DropBox.
Trello has four pricing packages: Free, Standard, Premium, and Enterprise. The free version is excellent for individuals, while the other three paid plans are for more scalable businesses. All paid plans are payable per user per month and billable per month or annually.
Try Premium for free with Trello's 14-day free trial.
Practical Task Manager for Team Productivity and Personal Work
If you're looking for a tool that can organize your day-to-day activities into one personalized to-do list, then choose Todoist. The productivity app features all the core tools you'd need to stay organized and on top of your workload.
- Daily Tasks: Manage your small and large tasks in an organized manner to help improve your workflow and stay on top of your deadlines.
- Email Addition: Convert your emails into tasks with the Todoist Gmail integration tool. Easily manage your incoming emails from one location without switching through apps.
- Attachment Feature: Add website URLs, articles, notes, comments, and statuses in tasks for all users to see.
- Reusable Templates: Save time on creating new project checklists using pre-made templates available in the library.
- Task Management: Add tasks and subtasks to projects and assign them to users.
- Todoist Calendar: Add and update your schedules. Recognize new and recurring due dates. Add tags and labels for scheduling, task prioritizing, and project assigning.
- Vacation Mode: Notify the rest of the team of your availability status.
- Todoist Karma System: Check and analyze your team's productivity and award points for a well-done job.
- Visualization Tools: View the project as a whole using interactive Kanban boards.
- Integrations: Connect your account to multiple business apps such as Dropbox, Zendesk, Toggl, Zoho, Jira, and more software.
Todoist has only three price plans: Free, Pro, and Business. The free plan is excellent for beginners, while Pro and Business, going for $3 per month and $5 per month annually, is suitable for teams and power users. The two paid plans are billable per month or annually.
Start Todoist free today or buy in for as low as $3 per month.
Best VoIP Software for Remote Teams
CallHippo is a cloud-based call center service that helps boost communications between teams through virtual telephony. The software operates as an advanced call center management solution that empowers its users to communicate better with clients, improving customer satisfaction. All that, thanks to its straightforward user interface and great features.
- Activity Feed: Give users access to vital customer call information such as call duration, department, caller status, and caller name.
- Power Dialer: Automatically dial an already uploaded list of contacts one after another. Use the predictive dialing feature to dial prospects.
- Call Reporting and Recording: Give your customers detailed analysis on calls. Automatically record conversations for managers to listen to via the dashboard.
- Smart Switch: Use multiple telephony providers and get rid of connectivity issues.
- Sales Script Designing: Get the guidance and structure you need when communicating with customers over the phone.
- Call Log Filters: Search for relevant calls easier with sort and filter options.
- Contact Management: Manage all the incoming calls and add information to your contacts so you'll easily retrieve them whenever you need them.
- Advanced Analytics: Track your phone support performance with relevant KPIs such as call loads and number of missed calls.
- Dashboard: Get a clear display of all the calling activities by agents and track the progress of your business.
- Voice-mail and On-hold Features: Greet your callers with music or recorded audio messages.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Call the customer center anytime you need help.
- Mobile App Access: Get the VoIP services via the web or mobile apps.
- Integrations: Integrate CallHippo with other communication and collaboration tools such as Zapier, Slack, Intercom, Pipedrive, Freshdesk, and more.
CallHippo had four pricing plans: Bronze, Silver, Platinum, and Enterprise. All the plans are paid starting from Bronze at $16, Silver at $24, Platinum at $40, and Enterprise at a custom price. All programs are payable per user per month and billable monthly or annually at a discount worth three months' cost.
Try CallHippo today with their free trial.
Best Call Center Software for Universal Communications
Dialpad is an AI-powered contact center service tool that helps teams focus on customers' needs by intelligently routing calls to the nearest call service provider. The software features excellent tools that support audio and video calls and improve the experience from a traditional information desk service to something more modern.
- Enterprise Phone System: Transfer, forward, and record calls to improve efficiency in your medium to large business.
- Real-Time Sentiment Analysis: Get notified of any negative feedback from your customers so you can act fast on the matter.
- Inbuilt Voice Intelligence: Make smart calls to customers from any device. Employ voice recognition and natural language processing to provide call recommendations in real-time.
- Interactive Voice Response: Route calls from unavailable agents automatically with the response system.
- Call Transcription: Provide detailed after all transcripts and notes to your call representatives.
- Web Conferencing: Enhance your online meetings with high-quality audio and video conferencing as well as screen-sharing capabilities.
- Omnichannel Capabilities: Leverage multiple communication channels such as emails and chats to provide seamless communication with customers.
- Call History: Keep records and catalogs on incoming calls directly from the web portal.
- Call Analytics: Get ahead of your competition with analytics that highlights the call centers performance.
- Integrations: Improve your call center abilities by integrating with apps like Google Workspace, Salesforce, Zendesk, and other contact apps.
- Live Coach: Get real-time coaching and sales leads to help you new sales representatives with onboarding.
Dialpad has three paid subscriptions: Standard at $15 per user per month, Pro at $25 per user per month, and Enterprise with custom prices.
Try Dialpad free for 14 days to help you pick the perfect plan for business communication.
Best Business Phone Solution for Remote Teams
CloudTalk is one of the best cloud-based call center systems available. The software aims to boost customer support and collaboration between teams through advanced call management features.
- Intelligent Call Recording: Record calls automatically so you can listen back once the call is complete.
- Advanced Call Center Management: Streamline customer support with multiple call features such as call queuing, call recording, voice mail, 3-way calling, call masking, fax to mail, and personalized messaging.
- Workflows Automation: Automate redundant tasks to save time for other jobs.
- Intelligent Call Routing: Generate a custom routing criteria that redirects calls to the appropriate agent.
- Desktop Notifications: Get an automatic alert when you get an incoming call.
- Contact History: Get an automatic display in the history of your customer's interactions, including notes, calls, and orders.
- Call Statistics and Monitoring: Track the performance of your center and improve its overall quality.
- Real-time Dashboard and Wallboard: Monitor your call center activities in real-time. Get an overall picture of what's going on within the call center.
- Contact Tags: Make it easier to locate your contacts with custom tags applied to specific references.
- Concurrent Calls: Get unlimited access to inbound and outbound calls.
- Simple Integrations: Integrate your account with multiple CRM tools, Helpdesk applications, and eCommerce shops.
- API: Use the external system to import and export contacts from the platform.
CloudTalk has four paid plans: Starter at $25, Essential at $30, Expert at $50, and Custom with custom pricing. All programs are payable per user per month and billed monthly or annually with a 25% discount on yearly payments.
Get started with CloudTalk via their 14-day free trial.
Ideal Web Conferencing and Online Meeting Software for Businesses
GoToMeeting is an excellent video calling tool that helps to boost employee productivity by offering a virtual platform for online meetings, content sharing, and team collaboration.
- Business Messaging: Join in on meetings from a single click via community chats.
- Call Me Feature: Schedule automatic calls to participants without having to send links.
- Screen Sharing: Share your device's screen with other users to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Drawing Tools: Ease brainstorming sessions by use of creative drawings and mind maps.
- Meeting Recording and Transcription: Record and save your online meetings for future reference. Share the meeting links to participants who may have missed the original session. Transcribe the meetings by taking notes while in the discussion.
- Meeting Rooms: Create a unique and recurring link for particular meetings.
- Diagnostic Reports: Get a complete analysis of every meeting performance for individuals and teams.
- Web and Mobile Conferencing: Create or host meetings in real-time while on the go via mobile and web applications.
- Voice Commands: Ask your phone's command AI to get you into meetings whenever you want.
- Webinar Hosting: Set up one webinar for thousands of participants.
- Integrations: Integrate your account with your favorite apps such as Salesforce, Slack, Outlook, Zoho, and more.
- Meeting Lock: Secure your private meetings with locks: approve only guests.
- Participant Removal: Work only with the designated teams and remove unwanted participants.
GoToMeeting has three pricing packages: Basic, Standard, and Premium. As for their actual pricing, you may have to consult their sales team.
Contact sales today to get your quote.
All-in-One Project Management System for Remote Work
Basecamp is an excellent choice for remote teams primarily because of its simplicity, functionality, and flexibility. The software has a wide array of features that help support team collaboration which is vital for the overall productivity of remote groups.
- To-do Lists: Arrange your work in a centralized location where you can assign tasks and set due dates accordingly.
- Message Boards: Retrieve all the conversations from a single location.
- Schedules: Add events to your to-do list with specified dates and times.
- Document Management: Add, edit, store, or archive documents from your devices to the software. Upload files to the system and get file versioning in real-time.
- Real-time Group Chat: Use the chat room to hold group discussions with other users.
- Hill Charts: Gain an overview of the progress of each project. Annotate the updates and respond to them as soon as possible.
- Pings: Message other Basecamp users directly and hold your private conversation.
- Reports: Get insights into all your projects: what's complete, what's overdue, and what's coming up.
Basecamp only has two subscription plans: Basecamp Personal and Business. The Personal plan has no flat rate and is only viable for 20 users and three projects, while Business has a flat rate of $99 per month and offers unlimited users, unlimited projects, and 500 GB of storage.
Start your free 30-day trial today.
Best Time Tracking and Productivity Monitoring System
Hubstaff is a comprehensive time tracking tool for remote and field service teams but can also function as an employee monitoring and payment management system. The software helps managers and top management oversee team performance and productivity while offering tools for improving workflow.
- Time Tracking: Track your employee's valuable time with online timesheets and mobile time tracking feature to record billable and non-billable hours.
- Automatic Payroll: Synchronize your tracking timesheets with the payroll to prompt automated invoicing and faster payment processing.
- Dashboards: View team activities, capture proof of work, and create actions plans all in one glance.
- GPS Tracking and Geofencing: Monitor the who, when, and where of your teammates.
- Multiple Device Access: Work on the go via a computer or mobile device thanks to compatibility with Apple, iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux.
- Activity Monitoring: Check your team's activities and identify any trends you may need to act on.
- Integrations: Integrate your account with other apps such as PayPal for payments, Slack for communication, and Asana or Trello for project management.
- Employees Scheduling: Manage your team shifts without the need for external CRM tools.
- Screen Recording: Capture all the vital information from your device so you can review it later.
- Push Notifications: Get updates and news about the project.
Hubstaff has four pricing packages: Desk Free, Desk Starter, Desk Pro, and Enterprise. The free plan is viable for individuals or single users, leaving three paid plans for larger entities.
Try Hubstaff free for 14 days.
Best Remote Work Tool for Cloud Phone and VoIP Services
Nextiva is a unified communication system that provides companies of all sizes with VoIP services and essential communications tools for team collaboration. The software aims to help businesses boost their customer service efficiency and sales pipeline management with its virtual phone system.
- Screen and File Sharing: Bring teams together with easy sharing.
- Group Messages: Share files, workload updates, links, and messages via private group chat.
- Team Task Tracking: Track and Schedule tasks for your team members automatically with comments and due dates already set up.
- Voice and Video Calls: Get unified communication nationwide.
- Call Analytics: Get real insights into call performance with historical and live call data. Identify trends using real-time call tracking and reporting dashboards.
- Integrations: Integrate your account with Help Desk software and sales CRM tools.
Nextiva has four pricing plans: Essential, Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate. All plans are payable per user per month, starting from $18.95 for Essential, $20.95 for professional, $26.95 for Enterprise, and $57.95 for ultimate. Billing is monthly or annually.
Try Essential for free for seven days.
Best Remote Work Tool for Design Teams
InVision is a digital product design and development software that helps designers streamline their workflow through various creation phases. The software offers design tools to enable remote design teams to collaborate on prototypes more seamlessly and foster focus, communication, and creativity.
- Real-time Commenting: Add or receive notes, updates, and comments on your prototypes to help work on them more collectively.
- Multiple Design Views: Besides the boards, you can view your work in different formats.
- Digital Whiteboard: Use the whiteboard to share the screen, present slides, and brainstorm.
- Vector-based drawing: Turn mere ideas into screen designs for better sharing and collaboration.
- Prototyping: Create basic designs with links and effects for other users to review and suggest changes for the outcome.
- Notifications: Receive automatic updates on any changes made to a design.
- Design Management: Manage your team project and design processes from one location.
- Integrated Development: Work with other web designers and app developing teams to turn an idea into reality.
- Version Control: Switch or roll back updates to keep up to date with changes to the design.
- Multiple Libraries: Access many drivers from the Invision or Sketch tab.
- Documents Management: Protect your documents usage while on the software with a single source of truth. Keep all brand and UX components secure in the system.
- Third-party Collaboration: Integrate your account with other tools such as Slack, Dropbox, Jira, and Basecamp.
InVision has three pricing plans: Free, Pro, and Enterprise. Free is great for small teams; Pro is suitable for cross-collaborative teams and only goes for $7.95 per user per month, while Enterprise is better for advanced needs and has no flat rate.
Get started with Invision today.
Excellent Group Video Calling Tool For Remote Teams
Zoom is a web conferencing software that offers video conferencing, webinar meetings, and other collaboration tools in one platform. The software has a simple-to-use interface applicable for individuals, small teams, and large enterprises.
- Scheduling: Create time schedules for planned team meetings.
- Cloud Recordings: Don't miss a moment from the videos and webinars by simply recording and storing the videos in the cloud.
- Screen Sharing: Hold unified discussions by sharing your screen with other users.
- Zoom Room: Empower your conference meetings with HD video and audio collaboration.
- Business Instant Messaging: Maintain a professional line of communication with the direct messaging service.
- Video Webinar: Create and hold large groups of video conferences.
- File Sharing: Share documents, file attachments, slides, and more with other team members in the account.
- Third-party Integrations: Work on your collaboration with additional tools such as Slack and external emailing options like Gmail and Outlook.
- Zoom Extensions: Access and extend your zoom reach much easily with APIs and SDKs.
Zoom has four pricing plans: Free, Pro, Business., and Enterprise. The forever-free plan only caters to about 100 participants, with essential features like one-on-one meetings and private conversations. Pro that costs $14.99 per license per month is suitable for small teams. Business is excellent for the small business going for only $19.99 per license per month, and Enterprise for large organizations costs approximately the same amount.
Find the right solution for your needs by signing up today.
Best Note-Taking App
If you're looking for a remote tool that takes record of every vital detail, then you need Evernote. The software is an excellent note-taking solution that helps organize your work by capturing your ideas and notes and managing project tasks.
- Work Chat: Create a chat window within your workspace for easier communication.
- Conflicting Changes: Receive updates or notifications in any syncing issues on any of your saved documents.
- Search Function: Search for project information with the search button on the dashboard. Search for handwriting if you have a hand-sensitive device.
- Collaboration Tools: Keep communication steady with your teammates by using in-chat apps.
- Web Clipper: Save your web pages as bookmarks in your notes for faster access next time.
- Integrations: Work with other third-party apps such as Google Drive, Microsoft Office 365, and Slack.
- Notes Sync: Access your notes anywhere you are and share them with other users through synchronized devices.
Evernote has four pricing packages: Free, Personal, Professional, and Teams. The free plan is great but only has basic features. Personal foes for $7.99 a month and is best for small groups, while professional going for $9.99 caters to bigger teams. Evernote Teams is an enterprise-like plan that costs $14.99 and is better for remote professional teams.
Try Evernote today via the 14-day free trial.