What is B2B SaaS? Top 13 B2B SaaS Companies in 2022
B2B SaaS companies are experiencing a boom in patronage thanks to many small businesses relying on software as a service (SaaS) tools to automate and manage many aspects of their business operations.
There is a B2B SaaS solution for every business ranging from email marketing software for driving SaaS sales through emails to accounting software for managing your business bookkeeping needs.
Despite the booming B2B SaaS market, many B2B SaaS companies do not get their marketing details right. They neglect B2B audiences and adopt strategies more suitable for B2C SaaS companies.
This blog post will teach you everything you need to know about B2B SaaS.
What is B2B SaaS?
B2B SaaS is short for business-to-business Software-as-a-Service. The term refers to business software designed by a specific business entity, accommodating features that other separate business entities can use by mere internet connection.
You can use B2B SaaS software irrespective of the type of device it is to be incorporated with, as its functionalities and features transcend a specific device or programming structure.
This business model supports scalability, enabling high availability and dependability in all activities performed within the software platform.
B2B SaaS software offers many businesses specific solutions for their business model and more efficient management of their internal processes, among other strategies that help businesses better manage their operations.
B2B SaaS vs B2C SaaS
B2C SaaS products are quite similar in operation to B2B SaaS products. The best example of a sweet, smooth spot between the two is in the area of using similar types of metrics to keep track of their performance.
Despite the number of similarities, both SaaS products are quite distinct and stand out.
- Pricing: With B2B SaaS products offering more advanced features that make them more sophisticated than their B2C SaaS counterparts, B2B SaaS products tend to be more expensive.
- Customer Interaction: B2B SaaS companies stand out from their B2C counterparts as they offer a deeper and more nurturing relationship with their customers.
- Choice of Communication Language: While B2B SaaS companies would use more technology and industry-associated terms to pitch their products, B2C SaaS companies would opt for a simpler and less technical communication approach.
- Social Media Platforms: A B2B SaaS company would prefer to use LinkedIn for their social media campaign as they are more professional and business-oriented. In contrast, a B2C SaaS company would use a more entertaining platform like Instagram.
What Are The Best B2B SaaS Companies?
Best Overall B2B SaaS Company
HubSpot is the best B2B SaaS company and CRM tool used by over 143,000 customers globally, such as Trello, VMware, LG, Casio, Reddit, SoundCloud, and Zoom.
- Customer Management: Reduce your sales cycle and manage customer relationships by choosing this customer relationship management tool that helps further shorten your lead turnover time.
- Marketing Strategies: HubSpot inbound marketing offers the most value for its services with the highest possible investment returns (ROI). You readily attract website visitors through its well-structured web interface.
- Dashboards: Reporting is crucial for any marketing team, requiring multiple reporting platforms to carry out such tasks. HubSpot’s out-of-the-box custom reports to your dashboard are visible to all business members.
- Integration: HubSpot integrates with other small business software such as Drift, PandaDoc, Salesforce, Facebook Ads, Survey Monkey, Bitly, Unbounce, GoToWebinar, and EventBrite.
- Flexible, scalable, and easily customizable
- Easy to use software features that require little or no prior experience
- HubSpot’s survey tool is not tailor-made to meet the specific needs of its customers.
Best for Streamlined Sales Operations
Salesforce Is the best B2B SaaS company for streamlined operations used by over 150,000 customers globally, such as Spotify, Toyota, and American Express.
- User Experience: Salesforce offers your customers the best available self-servicing online buying experience when using its B2B eCommerce solution.
- Value Delivery: This CRM tool is an easy-to-use cloud-based software that helps manage every process of your customer cycle to increase the value delivered to customers.
- Dashboard: Salesforce offers a graphical sales dashboard that you can configure to display relevant information regarding the sales team's activities, such as their order volume, figures, and key performance metrics.
- Lead and Customer Management: Your sales team and channel partners are further empowered to sell smarter, faster, and more effectively with the customer and partner relationship management software.
- Integration: Salesforce allows for the integration of Outlook CRM and Gmail to its platform to enable you to synchronize contacts and events to make your work easier.
- Effective tracking of key performance metrics
- Increases customer satisfaction and loyalty by providing the best and most simplified online buying experience.
- Information dissemination and pinpointing are relatively stressful and time-consuming as different routes to access the same information on the platform.
Best for Project Management and Creative Operations
Monday.com is the best B2B SaaS company and project management software for over 152,000 customers, including Canny Creative, GreenBanana, and O2 Treehouse.
- Customer Management: Manage your customers and their projects better with the creative project management software that helps teams organize and effectively collaborate on their projects on a single platform.
- Dashboard: Monday.com offers sharable boards which serve as a central source of information for clients. It provides clients with the means of sharing relevant information to end users.
- User Experience: This project management software lets its clients and their teams collaborate better on projects effectively. It offers a centralized platform where clients and their teams can view all their projects in real-time via a calendar view.
- Automation: Monday.com lets you automate tasks and streamline your workflows for better project management. Automation tools such as notifications, status changes, and recurring tasks come in handy to make your project more efficient.
- Integration: This platform integrates effectively with several third-party apps to help streamline your data flow. Google Drive, Slack, and Jira are several apps that integrate well with Monday.com.
- Offers a wide range of integrations to customers
- Easy to learn, set up, and use
- Offers built-in time tracking
- Limited reporting and task dependency features
- The timeline column for project management poses a considerable amount of headache for customers as they are difficult to use
Best B2B SaaS E-Commerce Solution
Shopify is the best B2B SaaS company with the best eCommerce solution that hosts over 2.1 million daily active users across 175 countries.
- Integration: Shopify allows the integration of its software platform with other businesses selling their products or services online.
- Pricing and Payment: This eCommerce solution offers an extensive price list that allows you to choose multiple pricing on different levels. Shopify offers payment terms that allow customers to extend such terms.
- Customer and Lead Management: Users get tools that help integrate the company's profile with the customer's account to manage leads.
- User Experience: This eCommerce tool offers custom store themes that allow you to create a branded B2B experience for your customers.
- Simple, dynamic, and user-friendly with little or no technical knowledge required to operate it
- Provides excellent and efficient customer service
- Shopify does not integrate well with hyper-growing companies as its platform is uniquely designed with its programming language.
Best for Efficient Customer Service
Zendesk is the best B2B SaaS company and the most efficient customer service used by over 170,000 customers globally, such as Twitter, Slack, Stripe, Dropbox, Buffer, and Kickstarter.
- Customer and Lead Management: By providing the means to follow leads and get real-time updates when new leads surface, teams can better manage leads and convert them to actively paying customers with this feature.
- Improved Productivity: Zendesk offers you access to automation tools to boost the overall productivity of the sales process.
- Automation: This platform offers an automation feature that helps you free up time for your team, diverting their focus to more essential tasks.
- Reporting and Analytics: Zendesk affords you the ability to collect, measure and analyze data about your customers and their individual experience. Its pre-built report function gives you maximum satisfaction from analytics and reporting automation.
- Robust help centers are easy to create with Zendesk.
- A centralized system for businesses to see all their customer's interactions
- Can track customer history and access across a wide variety of mediums.
- Zendesk does not offer keyboard shortcuts that could help make some processes faster. An example is in the area of cycling through a SaaS list of tickets.
- The user interface is not customizable.
Best for Contract Processing
DocuSign is the best B2B SaaS company for contract processing used by over 1,000,000 customers across 180 countries, such as Abbott, Academy Mortgage Corporation, and Adobe Creek Funeral Home.
- Collaboration: DocuSign offers contract collaboration for every sales cycle stage to help you better manage contracts.
- Integration: This platform allows you to connect DocuSign with other business software you use for every part of your workflow.
- Automation: By combining your hybrid and remote teams on one centralized online platform, DocuSign helps you eliminate manual processes of paper contracts that often limit you.
- User Experience: DocuSign offers a drag-and-drop tool that helps you drop your documents into your DocuSign platform.
- Dashboard: Highlights brief key statistics at the top of your main dashboard, which provides a brief overview of the team's performance in major highlighted key areas.
- Increases contract close rates
- Helps sales team to get contracts signed on the go from anywhere
- Accelerates your sales cycle
- Save time and money by eliminating manual processes.
- DocuSign's advanced rules and routing features are very difficult to configure.
Best for Sales Teams
Pipedrive is the best B2B SaaS company and CRM for sales teams used by over 100,000 customers globally, such as 360 Payments, Act-on Software, Built.io, MyBank, and PandaDoc.
- Customer and Lead Management: This sales pipeline software tool offers dedicated features that allow you to generate substantial leads and prioritize them based on their response to your products or services.
- Integration: Pipedrive integrates well with various tools across various categories to give the best experience.
- Insights and Report: Get patterns and forecasted predictions that you can optimize with your workflow to produce the most efficient and detailed sales reports.
- Communication: Provides smart communication alternatives aimed at centralizing the team’s communication. It connects you with your target market by keeping track of various leads across the sales funnel.
- Customization: You can customize your unique and business-specific sales pipeline with Pipedrive, which offers tailor-made tools to satisfy businesses' needs.
- Built-in telephony on a wide range of its plans
- Unlimited, customizable features for your sales pipeline
- API full access for easy customization
- Automation of workflow for a wide range of plans
- Offers machine learning-powered sales assistants for all its available plans
- No free plan
- Offers phone support only on top plans
- Customization and reporting fields are limited
Best B2B SaaS Finance Tool
Intuit is the best B2B SaaS company that offers financial tools to approximately 100 million customers globally, such as CA Technologies, Melvin Mora, and Mullen Group.
- User Experience: Intuit offers a personalized experience aimed at meeting the specific needs of businesses irrespective of their size or structure.
- Collaboration: QuickBooks is a software tool in the Intuit ecosystem that allows businesses to manage their finances in one centralized location. Businesses can print their cheques and tax forms online with QuickBooks.
- Ease of Access: Intuit provides businesses access to data from any location. QuickBooks' time feature equips companies with the ability to keep track of their employees' time.
- Payroll: QuickBooks payroll is a payroll management system that helps companies better manage their employee's payroll.
- Easy to use and learn
- Ease of access from any device
- Provides well-detailed accounting information
- Integrates well with other platforms and is quite flexible
- Easy to find and fix errors as well as look up customer information
- Affordable price
- Intuit features are not industry and business specific
- Does not provide invoice design tools
- Limitations to the number of users
- Does not accommodate reports outside of accounting
Best for Team Communication
Slack is the best B2B SaaS company and team communication software, with over ten million-plus daily active users globally.
- Channels: Slack channels allow you to distinguish your conversations from each other based on topics, projects, or select teams. You can connect and link companies easily with their partners and customers on the platform.
- Communication: This team communication software allows you to send direct messages to partners or customers or create group chats as a centralized information platform.
- File Sharing: With this feature, you can effectively share important files with your team with one click.
- Integration: Slack integrates perfectly with a wide range of daily business tools, making it easier for your team to get work done.
- Offers multiple platforms on desktop and mobile apps for ease of access
- Extra secure to protect and secure customer data.
- Easy to share and collaborate
- Free plan
- Storage often limits the activities on a channel.
- There is no permanent data storage as all conversations have a 14-day window before being deleted from the platform.
10. Microsoft Dynamics
Best for Relationship Management
Microsoft Dynamics is the best B2B SaaS company for relationship management used by over 4.4 million users globally, such as Vanguard, Coca-Cola, and Columbia Sportswear.
- Dashboard: A customer service dashboard that provides an extensive overview of your customer service teams' performance.
- Ease of Access: The mobility feature on the Microsoft Dynamics platform allows you to access your data from any location.
- Connectivity: You can link your Microsoft Dynamics platform with the LinkedIn sales navigator.
- Reporting: Microsoft Dynamic’s sales insight and reporting feature provides a thorough overview of your sales pipeline and can measure the team's performance against key performance metrics.
- Customer Relationship Management: This platform provides access to tools that help you understand your customers better to provide them with the best possible experience.
- Integrates well with Microsoft products such as Microsoft Word
- Easy to use and configure as it is a low-code platform
- Uses the highest attainable security standards built on the Azure platform
- Scalable to meet your business-specific needs and requirements.
- Offers its users AI-powered workflow automation capabilities
- Requires robust and extensive training to get users acquainted with its functions
- Relatively costly to acquire and customize
- Data storage is limited and very low to perform many functions.
11. Adobe Commerce
Best for Seamless eCommerce
Adobe Commerce is the best B2B SaS company for a seamless e-commerce experience for over 250,000 customers, such as The Walt Disney Company, Nestle Nespresso, and Olympus.
- Intelligence: Gathers recommendations on products, pricing, and promotions from leading AI's. Adobe Commerce offers a wide array of strategies to generate consistent sales on an eCommerce website.
- Collaboration: Adobe Commerce provides a single platform for all your online commerce needs to give a seamless customer experience regardless of how you generate leads.
- Catalog and Order Management: Order and catalog management is a crucial process that enables online stores to carry out their activities. It readily incorporates these two processes into its operations to give its customers the best experience.
- Search Engine Optimization: Adobe Commerce is an SEO-friendly platform helping build successful campaigns. Without SEO, it becomes difficult for consumers to search for products on sites.
- Analytics and Reporting: By providing tools to keep track and reports on key sales and marketing areas, Adobe Commerce provides its customers a competitive edge over other similar businesses.
- Flexible and easily adjustable source code to fit your business requirements
- Easily scalable to deal with your growing business requirements.
- Expensive and time-consuming
- Bad product support
Best for Email Marketing
Mailchimp is the best B2B SaaS company for email marketing used by over 11 million active customers such as Intuit, Utility Concierge, Porkbun, Vimeo, Ted, Lewis Inc., MWW Group LLC, Brookings Institution, and Zimmerman Advertising LLC.
- Customer Journey Builder: This feature designs unique paths for potential customers when pitching your products or services. Create a customized path for potential customers to help increase your chances of converting them to active paying customers.
- Insights and Reporting: Mailchimp provides the needed insights to have a detailed understanding of the key performance metrics of each email campaign. The reporting tool helps you track your marketing campaigns' impact on your target audience.
- Automation and Integration: This platform allows you to set up automated workflows based on your customer's behavioral triggers. You can choose from a wide template of campaigns for customer acquisition and loyalty.
- Email Campaign Creation: Mailchimp makes creating an email campaign look easy as it details all the necessary steps to help you achieve your goals. It offers you a wide range of options and flexibility to help you design a functional email campaign.
- Allows you to import your email templates and use them on the platform
- Integrates well with several other platforms to help you build a substantial online presence
- Easy to use features to help build your campaigns
- Having a substantial membership-based site can be very difficult
- Marketing automation is not robust and intuitive
How Does A B2B SaaS Company Get Clients?
Due to balancing a constantly increasing customer acquisition cost (CAC) and a decreasing customer lifetime value (CLV), B2B SaaS companies need to tailor their SaaS model to focus primarily on customer retention.
1. Identify Your Target Audience
Apart from a steady inflow of marketing advice from the team, B2B SaaS company’s owners need to identify their target businesses and the specific needs and services. Your target audience as a B2B SaaS marketer or company is not individual consumers but businesses.
B2B SaaS can convert these businesses to actively paying customers by adequately identifying and catering to the needs of these select businesses.
2. Use Digital Marketing Strategies
A B2B SaaS company must utilize several digital marketing strategies to reach its target market. These strategies include content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and effective social media marketing.
Traditional marketing strategies have proven grossly inefficient for B2B SaaS companies. Most prospective customers now seek strong recommendations from colleagues who have used and can vouch for such SaaS products before considering them.
By organizing periodic online training for the B2B SaaS sales team, sales reps are better known and understand customer lifetime value and acquisition cost.
Once the sales team has turned a potential lead into an active customer, the onus rests on the account manager of that customer to ensure they get the most value out of the SaaS product they have decided upon.
Top Features Of A Successful B2B Company
The feature a SaaS company would incorporate largely depends on the specific industry of operation. However, some notable features are common to all successful B2B SaaS tools, irrespective of the industry.
1. Focused on Customer Success
A proper understanding of its target market and basic requirements ensures a B2B SaaS company converts its target market to actively paying clients.
Every successful B2B SaaS company requires all aspects of the business team to focus on customer success. It defines it as one of the most vital performance metrics to guide its operations.
The good thing about customer success as a metric is that it is at the center of every other performance metric and, to a large extent, plays a large role in ensuring the success of other performance metrics.
For example, by focusing on customer success, B2B SaaS businesses can increase their customer retention rate, which is also a very vital performance metric.
2. Efficient Invoicing
Creating an efficient and smooth invoicing system for clients is one of the ways of reducing a time-consuming process.
By opting for a top invoicing software service in the SaaS business sphere, B2B SaaS businesses can use a cost-effective payment method for their services.
Using appropriate accounting software ensures business heads and decision-makers are promptly and accurately invoiced upon purchasing the services of a specific SaaS platform. Accounting software helps you calculate your annual recurring revenue (ARR) and monthly recurring revenue.
3. Reduction of Churn Rates
The churn rate is the number of customers that terminates their subscription plan within their membership period. It is often a call for concern for most B2B SaaS businesses, and decision-makers need to pay personal attention to this shortcoming.
Customer retention is one of the most effective measures of dealing with churn. As much as SaaS businesses need to focus on generating new leads and expanding on their target market, these leads are not useful if they are not converted to active paying clients. You can entice them with a free consultation.
Advantages of SaaS Products
Choosing a SaaS product to use alongside your business strategies and processes has proven to be one of the most effective ways of generating more sales and targeting more end consumers by businesses.
- Ease of Use and Accessibility: Unlike other traditional business software applications, SaaS applications only require an internet browser to gain access to their platform. Using a specific operating system is not a necessity in any way.
- Cost-Effectiveness: SaaS products are specifically designed to cut out the need for clients to install and run other applications on their systems. By helping its customers save valuable expenses from hardware purchase and maintenance as well as time on installation, SaaS products have proven to be very cost-effective.
- Flexibility in Payment: SaaS companies have made paying for their services less rigid by affording their customers the options of various subscription plans over a set period. Payment structure involves selling services on a subscription basis to other businesses.
Quick Wrap Up
The B2B SaaS model helps businesses improve their business models and processes. B2B SaaS helps you boost team productivity, enhance team workflow, and manage customer relationships.
Analyzing what makes up a successful B2B SaaS company is not black or white. However, you can boost your B2B SaaS business by building a great product and focusing your marketing campaigns on selling to B2B customers instead of B2C customers.
The best B2B SaaS marketers and companies address the target market’s needs and understand the customer journey.
Because B2B SaaS buyers do more research than B2C buyers, you must create detailed product pages explaining how new features and your software works.