Enterprise Software – The 20 Best Applications & Tools for 2022
When a business grows to a certain size, it becomes impossible to manage your business processes manually. Doing so is not only time-consuming, but it also creates room for costly human errors.
The best way to accelerate your workflow, optimize productivity, and eliminate the risk of errors is to invest in enterprise software solutions.
This, however, does not mean buying the first enterprise software you come across.
You have to make sure that the enterprise software solution you’re investing in suits your business. To help you with this, we have compiled for you a list of 20 of the best enterprise software applications and tools for 2022.
Before getting into the list, however, let’s start by understanding what exactly enterprise software is.
Enterprise Software Definition
What Is Enterprise Software? The term refers to any software application or tool that is designed to be used by organizations, such as banks, schools, businesses, and hospitals, rather than individual users.
The aim of enterprise software is to help organizations support their strategic and operational initiatives.
Enterprise applications support business processes like accounting, human resource management, marketing, customer relationship management, supply chain management, and so on.
Some enterprise software solutions are designed with focus on a single aspect of business management, while others are designed to bring multiple business functionalities under one roof.
When looking for enterprise solutions, you can either build your own custom enterprise software in-house, or invest in ready-made enterprise software solutions.
However, building your own custom enterprise application is both expensive and time-consuming. Unless your business has very specific needs, it’s always better to go for a ready-made solution.
Best Enterprise Software Tools
Best Enterprise Tool For High Quality Business Process Modeling and Visualization
Monday.com is an all-rounded, web-based project management tool that puts a lot of focus on process visualization. Monday.com acts as a central place from where businesses can manage all their operations, and is particularly suited to project and workflow management.
- Automations: Minimize errors and accelerate your workflows by automating repetitive administrative work.
- Templates: With 200+ templates to choose from, creating your ideal projects and workflows is easy and fast.
- Multiple views: Monday.com provides 8 different views for visualizing your data and projects, including main, timeline, calendar, Kanban, Gantt, workload, form, and map view.
- Mobile support: Get updates, share images and files, communicate with your team, and provide feedback on the go from the Monday.com mobile app that is available on both Android and iOS.
- Integrations: Connect Monday.com to all your favorite business tools, including Google Drive, Mailchimp, Shopify, HubSpot, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Excel, and many more.
Monday.com prices range from $0 to $16 per user per month. There’s also an Enterprise plan that offers custom pricing. Monday.com offers a 14-day free trial for the Basic, Standard, and Pro plans.
Best For Customer Relationship Management
Salesforce is one of the best customer relationship management tools in the world. It provides a central location from where all departments can get a single, shared view of all your customers, allowing your business to deliver a fully personalized customer experience.
- Contact management: Get access to all critical customer data, including their contact details (including social media), as well as a history of all their interactions with your business.
- Opportunity management: Keep track of all deals your team is chasing. See the products involved, what stage each deal has reached, and the action that needs to be taken to move the deal forward.
- Marketing automation: Take advantage of artificial intelligence to uncover new customer segments and target the right customers at the right time. This leads to more qualified prospects and a higher conversion rate.
- AppExchange: The AppExchange is an app marketplace that contains hundreds of apps that you can use to extend the functionality of Salesforce. If you don’t find the right app for your needs, you can always build your own app that solves your unique needs.
- Workflows: Use “if-this-then-that” rules to automate internal processes and procedures that require certain conditions to be met for a specific action to be taken.
Salesforce pricing plans range from $25 to $300 per user per month. All plans come with a 30-day free trial.
Best For Enterprise Resource Management
Oracle NetSuite is a unified enterprise resource planning tool that helps organizations manage multiple business functions, including CRM, financials, supply chain, human resources, production, warehouse and order fulfillment, and ecommerce.
- Centralized solution: Manage all aspects of your business and maintain oversight over everything happening within your business from one single platform, rather than using multiple tools for different functions.
- Workflow management: Automate your business processes and boost productivity by saving the time spent on manual, repetitive processes.
- Scalability: Oracle NetSuite supports multiple languages, multiple currencies, and multiple subsidiaries, making it a great choice for companies with global operations.
- Highly customizable: Oracle NetSuite is highly flexible and can be customized to suit the exact requirements of your business. It can also be integrated with third party apps and systems for extended functionality.
Oracle NetSuite charges an annual license fee that is based on the core NetSuite platform, the number of users, and any additional NetSuite modules purchased as part of your plan. NetSuite also charges a one-time setup fee.
Oracle does not offer a free trial for NetSuite, but you can request a free product tour.
Best Solution To Turn Your Business Into An Intelligent Enterprise
SAP is a fully integrated enterprise software that helps small and mid-size businesses with intelligent enterprise resource allocation.
SAP supports multiple workflows, including ERP, CRM and customer experience, financial management, digital supply chain, human capital management, production management, and network and spend management.
- Centralized data: Get access to all business data in one central location. This makes it easier to gain critical insights about your business and share information across your organization.
- Automation: Automate and streamline business processes and workflows to eliminate errors and boost productivity.
- Accessibility: SAP can be deployed both on-premise and through the cloud, depending on what works for your organization. It also provides mobile functionality for on-the-go access.
- Visualization: Get a high level, real time view of all business operations and data. This makes it easier to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improving productivity.
SAP offers custom pricing that is dependent on whether you want a cloud or on-premise implementation, number of users, desired modules, single vs multi-country setup, single vs multi-warehouse setup, and desired level of customization.
SAP also offers up to 90-day free trials on their various software products.
Best For Collaboration And Project Management
ClickUp is a cloud-based platform that provides a user-friendly way for managing your projects and enhancing collaboration within your team.
- Task management: Managing project tasks with ClickUp is simple and intuitive. You can create and assign tasks and subtasks, manage priorities, and visualize task progress using multiple views.
- Collaboration: From real-time chat, task comments, and @mentions to discussions, capturing, editing, and markup of screenshots and 2-way calendar sync, ClickUp provides numerous collaboration tools that make it easy for teams to work together.
- Automations: Use the pre-built automation recipes to quickly automate manual and repetitive work and processes, or build your own custom automations from scratch using the 50+ available triggers, conditions, and actions.
- Agile development: Get access to agile development tools and features, including the ability to create scrum dashboards, manage sprints, collaborate on code, track bugs, and manage product launches.
- Integrations: ClickUp can be connected to more than 1,000 third party business tools, including Jira, Monday.com, Trello, Asana, Excel, Todoist, and Basecamp.
ClickUp offers a free forever plan, and three paid plans costing $5, $9, and $19 per member per month. Larger organizations with specific requirements can go for the Enterprise plan, which offers custom pricing.
Best For Inbound Marketing, Sales, And Customer Service
HubSpot is a dedicated CRM tool that helps businesses to generate qualified leads by optimizing their inbound marketing strategy and providing a great customer experience.
Some of the functionalities HubSpot provides include content management, lead generation, customer feedback tracking and management, social media management, and analytics.
- CRM database: You can store and manage information for up to 1 million contacts in HubSpot’s CRM database. Keep track of customers’ contact information, previous interactions, lead score, medium used to attract the lead, customers’ previous orders and total spend, and other personal info.
- Customized dashboard: View all your entire sales pipeline on HubSpot’s dashboard, including the number of deals sitting in your pipeline and their current stage.
- Task management: Create and schedule tasks, assign tasks to team members, align tasks to goals, keep track of deadlines, and create task notes.
- Gmail and Outlook integrations: Send and receive Gmail and Outlook emails directly from HubSpot, and view customer details in the HubSpot sidebar without having to leave your inbox.
- Email marketing: HubSpot has an email marketing tool that allows you to create beautiful marketing emails and send bulk emails to your email list.
- Lead capture tools: Get access to lead capture forms, a landing page builder, and ad management tools that will help you convert site visitors into high quality leads.
HubSpot CRM Suite offers three plans; a Starter plan starting at $45 per month, a Professional plan starting at $1,600 per month, and an Enterprise plan starting at $4,000 per month. HubSpot comes with a 14-day free trial.
User-Friendly Solution For Managing Your Entire Customer Lifecycle
Monday.com CRM is a customer relationship platform that is part of Monday.com, the all-in-one work OS. With Monday.com CRM, you can manage contacts, capture and manage leads, onboard customers, manage your sales pipeline, and so much more.
- Centralized management: Monitor sales activity, view all deals in the pipeline and track their progress, manage customer info and interactions, and manage your sales team, all in one centralized platform.
- Extreme customization: All processes, workflows, and sales pipelines on Monday.com CRM can be customized to suit the exact needs of your business and drive real business impact.
- Automation: Automate mundane, repetitive tasks that slow down your workflow using “if this, then that” logic, without having to write a single line of code.
- Mobile support: Monday.com CRM has Android and iOS apps that keep you connected while on the go, and an offline mode that allows you to work even when not connected to the internet.
- Analytics: Access powerful data and gain insights about conversions, sales, forecasted values, and other performance metrics.
- Integrations: Integrate Monday.com CRM with Aircall to make and receive calls, PandaDoc to manage your documents, Gmail to manage your emails, Facebook Ads to capture leads, and hundreds of other third party tools.
Monday.com CRM has a free forever individual plan, Basic, Standard and Pro plans costing $8, $10 and $16 per seat per month respectively, and an Enterprise plan with custom pricing. Paid plans come with a 14-day free trial.
Best Enterprise Tool For Business Intelligence
- Simple data visualization: Equipped with an intuitive drag and drop interface, Datapine simplifies the process of visualizing data, regardless of your knowledge level. You don’t need advanced data science knowledge to understand your business data.
- Customizable: With 80+ dashboard themes to choose from, you’ll easily find a dashboard that is best suited for your organization. You also have the option of customizing these themes further to ensure they suit your specific needs.
- Interactivity: Interact your data by zooming in on specific elements, filtering data results by product, department, or branch, or even focusing on individual data figures.
- Embedded analytics: Connect Datapine to your current software solutions and view Datapine dashboards and dynamic charts directly from your software of choice.
- Data security: Datapine keeps your data secure with security features like SSH and SSL protocols for data transfer, and read-only access to prevent SQL injections. You can also set different permission levels for different users.
Datapine plans range from $249 per month for the Basic plan to $1099 per month for the Branding and Embedded plan. Datapine also offers custom pricing for the Enterprise package and on-premise installation.
The Basic, Professional, Premium, and Branding and Embedded plans come with a 14-day free trial.
Best For Building An Agile And Hyper-Connected Business
Microsoft Dynamics 365 apps cover multiple business functions, including customer service, marketing, sales, financials, operations, project service automation, HR, supply chain management, and project management.
- PowerApps: Build your own custom apps that you can use within Microsoft Dynamics 365 to solve your business problems. The best part is that you can create these apps without any knowledge of code.
- Relationship Insights: The Relationships Insights tool keeps track of all interactions and communications between customers and your business. It then uses this data to provide recommendations on suggestions on how to best serve these customers.
- Mobile capabilities: Bring your work with you on the go with the Dynamics 365 mobile app, which supports workspaces, work task flows, work tracking, editable grids, calendars, timelines, lead tracking, and so much more.
- Visual process designer: Creating task flows, business rules, and business process flows is made easy by Microsoft Dynamics 365 drag and drop visual process designer.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers different pricing levels depending on number of users, as well as the modules you want as part of your plan. There’s also a 30-day free trial if you want to try various Microsoft Dynamics 365 apps.
10. Zoho Projects
Best Project Management Solution For Small And Growing Businesses
Zoho Projects is a robust cloud-based project management tool that helps businesses simplify the process of managing and collaborating on projects.
- Collaboration: Get access to powerful collaboration features like task comments and discussions, file sharing, team dashboards, instant chat, and project forums.
- Timesheets: Make better staff decisions by keeping an eye on the tasks each member of your team is working on, as well as the amount of time they spend on each task.
- Feeds: This is a social media-like feature where team members can ask questions or give updates to the rest of the team.
- Issue tracker: Keep track of reported bugs, organize them by status and severity, assign bugs to team members, and track the progress on reported bugs until they are fixed.
- App integrations: Expand Zoho Project’s capabilities by integrating it with other apps in Zoho’s ecosystem, including Zoho Analytics, Zoho Sprints, Zoho CRM, Zoho People, and Zoho Invoice. You can also integrate Zoho Projects with third party apps like Microsoft and Google apps.
Zoho Projects has a free plan that supports up to 3 users, a Premium plan costing $5 per user per month, and an Enterprise plan costing $10 per user per month. The Premium and Enterprise plans come with a 10-day free trial.
Best PM Solution For Marketing Teams, IT Teams, Development Teams And Professional Services
LiquidPlanner is a dynamic PM tool whose main focus is to help businesses manage uncertainty and get projects done with unprecedented confidence.
- Predictive scheduling: Rather than relying on static deadlines, LiquidPlanner uses a predictive scheduling engine that makes managing dynamic projects easier by adapting to project changes and updates.
- Automatic resource leveling: LiquidPlanner automatically adjusts team workloads depending on project priorities and dependencies.
- Powerful analytics: A powerful analytics engine runs best and worst case scenarios to determine how changes in one project might affect other projects, and provides suggestions on how to adapt to such changes.
- Advanced access control: Give different access levels to different team members depending on their roles and responsibilities. LiquidPlanner supports four access levels – restricted member, full member, manager, and administrator.
- Mobile capability: Through LiquidPlanner’s iOS and Android apps, you can view tasks and projects, create and edit tasks, participate in discussions, track time, view attached files, and so much more.
- Integrations: LiquidPlanner supports integrations with Dropbox, Google Drive, Salesforce, Box, and several other popular business tools.
LiquidPlanner has a free plan that supports up to 5 users and 3 projects, and three paid plans costing $15, $25, and $35 per month. The paid plans come with a 14-day free trial.
Best Enterprise Solution For Issue Tracking And Resource Management
Celoxis is a comprehensive and affordable project and work management platform that comes with robust resource management and issue tracking capabilities. Celoxis is available in cloud and on-premise versions.
- Collaboration: Celoxis enhances collaboration on tasks and projects with features like sharable calendars, discussion forums, task conversations, file sharing, activity stream, @mentions, and a real-time notifications center.
- Project tracking: Keep track of project progress with management dashboards, visual health indicators, email progress updates, cost and schedule projections, planned vs actual tracking, revenue forecasting, and intelligent notifications and alerts.
- Bug/issue tracking: Customize your issue and bug tracking process, visualize bugs and issues in card view, and create your custom escalation matrix for sorting and fixing bugs.
- Risk management: Assess and track risks that might affect your projects, create custom risk parameters, and qualify risks by probability of occurrence, impact, and risk score.
The cloud version of Celoxis costs $22.50 per user per month, while the on-premise version has a one-time fee of $450 per user. Both versions have a 5 user minimum requirement.
The cloud version of Celoxis comes with a 30-day free trial.
Best Solution For Online Surveys And Experience Management
SurveyMonkey is a cloud-based tool that allows businesses to conduct expert surveys, get insights from the survey, and use these insights to make informed business decisions.
- Question bank: If you know the kind of feedback you want, but don’t know the right questions to ask, you can access the hundreds of questions created by SurveyMonkey’s survey scientists that are guaranteed to provide you with useful feedback.
- Survey logic: Keep your survey questions relevant and personalized by using survey logic to show appropriate questions based on the respondent’s previous answers.
- Recurring surveys: Conduct the same survey regularly over a period of time to track changes in sentiment and uncover trends.
- SurveyMonkey Genius: This feature uses AI and machine learning to provide feedback about your survey before you launch it, and then provides you with suggestions on how you can improve the survey to enhance performance.
- File upload questions: Allow your respondents to upload files, such as resumes or screenshots in response to certain survey questions.
SurveyMonkey offers three pricing plans for businesses; a Team Advantage plan costing $25 per user per month, a Team Premier plan costing $75 per user per month, and an Enterprise plan offering custom pricing. You can try SurveyMonkey for free with the free Basic plan.
Best Enterprise Solution For Digital Feedback Collection And Analytics
Mopinion is a dedicated user feedback platform that allows businesses to collect customer feedback from multiple digital touchpoints (web, email, and mobile), and convert this feedback into meaningful insights.
- Powerful reporting and analysis: Use customizable charts to visualize data in layouts that are suitable to your goals, zoom in onto the tiniest piece of data, use filters to sort through customer feedback, and use various available formulas and calculations to explore and make sense of your data.
- Text and sentiment analysis: Mopinion uses AI and machine learning to quickly make sense of unstructured data (open comments) and give you key insights about customer sentiment.
- Integrations: Make the most out of your customer feedback by integrating Mopinion with the tech tools you use on a daily basis. Mopinion is compatible with Jira, Asana, Slack, Google Analytics, HubSpot, Salesforce, Zendesk, Intercom, Hangouts, Basecamp, Trello, and hundreds of other business tools.
Mopinion has three premium plans. The Growth plan costs $229 per month, while the Turbo plan costs $579 per month. Large businesses looking for customized plans can get custom pricing with the Enterprise plan.
The Growth and Turbo plans come with a 14-day free trial.
Powerful Enterprise Solution For Cloud Computing
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a powerful cloud services platform that brings together a wide range of services, including remote computing, database storage, mobile development, networking, cloud servers, email, and content delivery.
- Serverless cloud functions: Build and deploy applications without having to worry about managing the back-end infrastructure that is required for your apps to run. AWS handles the server management and administration for you, leaving you to focus solely on building powerful applications.
- Flexibility: With AWS, you don’t have to worry about being stuck with technology you’re not conversant with. You can choose your preferred operating system, web application platform, programming language, database type, and web app development other technologies.
- Scalability: AWS gives you access to computing and storage resources on-demand. You can scale your resources up or down as you need at a particular moment.
- AWS Marketplace: The AWS Marketplace gives you access to hundreds of AWS apps that you can purchase and deploy with a single click.
The cost of Amazon Web Services depends on the products and services you want as part of your architecture solution, as well as your usage requirements for these services. You can estimate the cost of your AWS architecture solution with the AWS pricing calculator.
16. Microsoft Azure
Best Hybrid Cloud Services Platform
Microsoft Azure is an integrated suite of hybrid cloud computing solutions that act as a replacement or supplement for on-premise servers. Microsoft Azure gives you access to over 200 products covering networking, analytics, storage, virtual computing, and so much more.
- Hybrid operation: Build applications and web solutions in environments that work for you – across multiple clouds, on-premise, or on the Azure Edge gateway.
- AutoScale: This feature automatically adjusts your resources based on web traffic, allowing you to save money during periods of low traffic, but ensuring you have enough resources during peak times.
- Automatic patch management: Azure provides you with server-side support, allowing you to focus more on building your apps and less on managing your infrastructure.
- Azure IoT Hub: Connect your devices to the cloud, monitor these devices and use them to collect new data that will provide you with better insights on how to improve productivity, reduce costs, improve customer experiences, and make better business decisions.
Microsoft Azure pricing is dependent on the number of Azure products you want as part of your package. You can use the Azure pricing calculator to configure and estimate the cost of Azure products.
Microsoft Azure offers a 30-day free trial on popular Azure products and services, in addition to products that are provided on a free forever plan.
Best Project Tracking Tool For Software Development Teams
Jira is a project management and issue tracking platform that helps product teams streamline the development process from ideation to launch.
- Powerful, productive planning: Create, assign, and prioritize work, and ensure that everyone in the team knows exactly what they need to be doing at what time.
- Reports: Get access to relevant information and statistics throughout the lifecycle of the project, which you can then use to make better decisions and optimize project delivery.
- Workflows: Jira comes with dozens of workflows that you can use to quickly define and set up various business processes. You can also customize these workflows to make sure they completely match how your team works.
- Roadmaps: Jira can also be used as a product roadmap tool to help you define the high level vision and direction of your product.
- Bug tracking: Use Jira’s bug tracking workflow to capture bugs, automatically assign and prioritize them, and track the bugs until they are fixed.
Jira has a free plan that supports up to 10 users, and three paid plans – a Standard plan costing $7.50 per user per month, a Premium plan costing $14.50 per user per month, and a custom-priced Enterprise plan.
The Standard and Premium plans offer a 7-day free trial.
Best Enterprise Recruitment And Applicant Tracking Platform
iCIMS is a cloud-based enterprise solution that helps businesses streamline the talent acquisition lifecycle, from attracting to engaging and hiring the right talent.
- One-click job posting: Quickly post unlimited jobs on multiple sites and job boards to increase your chances of finding the best candidates.
- Applicant tracking system: Take advantage of AI and analytics to match the best candidates to your job vacancies, optimize the productivity of your recruiting department, and boost diversity and inclusion by eliminating bias.
- Effective collaboration: Share candidate information with your recruiting team and give everyone in the team a bird’s eye view of the hiring process.
- Powerful reporting and analytics: iCIMS gives you access to data and recruiting metrics that give you key insights on what is working or not working, allowing you to improve your entire recruiting process.
iCIMS offers custom pricing based on your chosen iCIMS products, as well as the complexity of your solution, which is scaled according to your requirements.
Best Enterprise Solution For Communication And Collaboration
Slack is a business messaging app that helps improve collaboration by connecting team members to the information they need.
- Workflow builder: Slack provides a no-code solution for automating routine and repetitive tasks, leading to improved team productivity.
- Video conferencing: If chat is not enough to pass information, quickly hop onto a video call, either using Slack’s built-in video calls, or using your favorite video conferencing tool, such as Hangouts, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, BlueJeans, or Cisco Webex Meetings.
- Slack Connect: Slack simplifies communication with your customers, vendors, and partners by bringing conversations from siloed email threads into one central location.
- Collaborative file sharing: Add critical details and context to conversations by sharing documents and files right within the conversation.
- Integrations: Hundreds of popular business tools and apps can be integrated right into Slack, including Gmail, Google Drive, HubSpot, OneDrive, Twitter, Box, Dropbox, Trello, Google Calendar, Outlook, Asana, Todoist, Evernote, ClickUp, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
Slack has a free forever plan, a Pro plan costing $6.67 per month, a Business+ plan costing $12.50 per month, and a custom-priced Enterprise Grid plan.
Stripe is an integrated suite of payment products that allows businesses to build websites and apps that can send payouts and accept payments across the globe.
- Multiple interface options: Choose a checkout interface that provides the best checkout experience to your customers. Checkout interface options include hosted payment pages, payment links, invoices, embeddable UI toolkits, and even in-person checkouts.
- Multiple payment options: Allow your customers to use payment options that are most suitable for them, including all major credit cards, digital wallets, bank redirects, bank transfers and debits, and cash-based vouchers.
- Stripe Radar: This feature takes advantage of machine learning to detect and prevent fraud when accepting payments.
- Dispute handling: Stripe has an automated process that works directly with credit card companies to handle and resolve disputes, so you don’t have to do it manually.
- Integrations: Easily integrate Stripe with your favorite online tools and systems, including WooCommerce, Shopify, NetSuite, BigCommerce, ClickFunnels, MailChimp, Xero, Twilio, and many more.
Stripe charges 2.9% of the transaction value plus 30₵ for cards and wallets and 0.8$ for bank transfers and debits (with a $5.00 cap). Charges for additional payment methods start at 80₵.
Types Of Enterprise Software
There are different types of Enterprise software, each catering to different business functions and needs. Here are the most common types of enterprise applications.
1. Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software
CRM software refers to software tools that are designed to help organizations build and maintain good relationships with their customers and provide a unique and seamless customer experience.
An effective CRM process and system will provide all your business departments with a holistic view of your customers. Through the CRM system, you can view a customer’s name, phone number, email address, social media handles, website, preferred communication channels, previous interactions with your business, purchase history, and so much more.
With this big picture view of potential customers, it becomes a lot easier for your business to offer a personalized level of service to customers.
It also improves lead scoring, allowing your sales team to focus on prospects with a higher likelihood of becoming customers, rather than all prospects who enter your sales funnel.
2. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
Enterprise resource planning systems are a type of software designed to simplify the process of running and managing day-to-day business operations, such as supply chain operations, procurement, accounting, risk management and compliance, project management, and so on.
The best ERP software systems usually consist of several modules handling different business operations, but which can be accessed through one central interface. This enables the flow of data between different modules and departments, thus eliminating data duplication and providing a single source of truth for all business data.
After ERP implementation, businesses can avoid errors, improve the accuracy of business information, identify opportunities for growth and expansion, and improve productivity within the entire organization.
3. Email Marketing Software And Marketing Automation Software
Email marketing software refers to software tools that enable businesses to put their email marketing efforts on autopilot.
Marketing automation software, on the other hand, refers to software tools that make it possible for businesses to automate, streamline, and measure all their marketing tasks.
Marketing automation software can be used for all kinds of digital marketing, including email marketing, social media marketing, website interactions, ad campaigns, and so on.
Email marketing software and marketing automation software not only improve the efficiency of your marketing team, they also allow you to provide a more pleasant and personalized customer experience, leading to higher conversions, higher customer loyalty, and higher customer lifetime value.
4. Payroll Management Software
Payroll management software are software solutions that help organizations with managing employee financial records and streamlining and automating payment processing for salaried, hourly, and contingent employees.
Some of the functions that payroll management software handles include…
- Maintaining salary details, pay scale, and bank details of every employee.
- Monitoring employee time and attendance
- Automatically calculating deductions for withholdings, such as retirement contributions, insurance, and taxes.
- Adjusting employee balance periods, accumulations, and bonuses.
- Processing direct paycheck deposits.
- Providing employees with pay statements
- Automating tax calculations, generating tax forms, and streamlining the process of filing tax returns.
- Calculating payroll expenses and generating reports.
Payroll management software offers several benefits. It reduces payroll errors, provides a reliable system for detailed record keeping, enables employee self-service, and helps organizations to remain compliant with state and federal employment and tax laws.
5. BPM Software
Business process management (BPM) software refers to process automation tools that are designed to help businesses identify and map out their everyday processes, automate repetitive and administrative tasks, and handle process logics.
Using a BPM tool ensures that all work is done in a consistent manner, and that tasks are assigned to the right person at the right time.
BPM systems provide several advantages. First, they improve staff productivity by freeing up the time your employees would have otherwise spent on mundane, repetitive, and manual tasks. This allows staff to focus on higher value work that moves the needle.
Business process management software also helps you to gather operational data that can provide insights that help you identify bottlenecks. You can then make informed decisions on how to eliminate these bottlenecks and make your business operations more efficient, leading to faster work delivery and reduced costs.
By making work processes consistent, BPM systems also make it possible for your business to provide a standardized customer experience, and at the same time make it easier to onboard and train new hires.
6. Business Intelligence Tools
Business intelligence (BI) tools are software tools built to collect, retrieve, process, analyze large amounts of unstructured data and provide reports and insights from this data to help businesses make data-driven decisions.
To do this, Business Intelligence tools combine data tools and infrastructure, data mining, business analytics, and data visualization.
BI tools collect data from both internal and external systems, including documents, emails, videos, files, images, websites, journals, social media, and other business sources.
Once this raw data has been collected, it is then processed and stored in data warehouses, from where it can be accessed and analyzed to answer business questions. The data can also be used to create data visualizations, dashboards, and reports.
Using this data, businesses can then glean insights to eliminate inefficiencies, accelerate decision making, drive change, and adapt to market changes. Some of the ways through which business intelligence can be used include…
- Uncovering new potential sources of revenue
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Identifying market trends
- Analyzing customer behavior
- Improving hiring practices
- Predicting success of new operations
- Finding ways to minimize costs
- Tracking performance of various operations and projects
7. Project Management Software And Tools
Project management software and tools are applications and platforms that help with the planning, management, and execution of projects, as well as the optimization of project resources. They provide an easy way of keeping track of who is doing what and when.
In the most basic form, project management tools support the following functions…
- Planning and scheduling: They allow you to plan and establish project tasks, organize these tasks, and assign them to the right team members.
- Collaboration: PM tools provide a better way for project teams to communicate and share project updates.
- Document sharing: Project management tools come with file management features to allow team members to share, edit, and store documents and files related to projects.
- Evaluation: PM tools also give you the capability to track and assess project progress and the productivity of your project resources.
Using web project management software and tools ensures due processes are followed, provides a clear overview of everything that is happening relative to the project, and helps keep the project team organized.
8. Customer Support Software
Customer support software solutions provide a unified platform for communicating with your customers, providing advice and assistance, and resolving their queries and requests.
Customer support solutions provide a central location from where you can respond to customer interactions initiated through multiple channels, including telephone, email, social media platforms, and live chat.
One of the key features of customer support software is a ticketing system, which allows customer service reps to track, organize, prioritize and resolve customer issues.
A lot of customer support software nowadays also come with AI and chatbot capabilities, allowing them to autonomously respond to and resolve common customer issues that do not require specialized assistance.
To provide even better service to customers, customer support solutions often integrate with the best CRM software tools. This provides customer support reps with more contextual data about a customer, such as their purchase history and previous interactions with your business.
Customer service solutions provide several advantages. They enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty, allow small teams to handle more customer service requests, drive a seamless customer service rep experience, and enable customer self-service.
9. Cloud Computing
Cloud computing refers to platforms that give you virtual access to their infrastructure and computing resources like databases, servers, networking resources, and data storage resources. Cloud computing saves you from having to invest in expensive infrastructure of your own.
For example, if you want to build your own web apps but don’t want to buy expensive servers, you can lease virtual or remote server space from a cloud computing company and build your web app the same way you’d have done on an on-premise server.
Since data storage and processing happens on remote computer resources, cloud computing allows you to access your information from anywhere, provided you have an internet connection.
Cloud computing is a great option for businesses looking to save costs, increase their speed, efficiency, and productivity, and allow their staff to work remotely.
Enterprise Software FAQ
Examples of enterprise software include Oracle NetSuite and Microsoft Dynamics for enterprise resource planning, Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services for cloud computing, Monday.com, ClickUp and LiquidPlanner for project management, and Salesforce and Monday.com CRM for customer relationship management.
Some of the benefits of using enterprise software include…
– Improved accuracy and better access to business information
– Provides a central location for managing business processes
– Accelerates work delivery while minimizing costly errors
– Helps you optimize processes and eliminate bottlenecks, leading to increased productivity
– Helps you save money
– Allows you to scale your business operations based on demand
– Streamlines communication and collaboration
– Allows you to standardize your business operations and deliver a consistent customer experience
The cost of enterprise software ranges from a couple of dollars to thousands of dollars per month. The cost will depend on the type of enterprise software you’re looking for, the features you want as part of your package, the number of expected users, and so on.
For small teams that are just starting out, there are some enterprise applications that will allow you to use limited versions of their software free of charge.
The features that need to be included in enterprise software will vary depending on the type of enterprise software. For instance, you cannot expect customer relationship management software to have the same features as a cloud computing platform.
That said, there are some features that are a must-have for all enterprise software. Some of these include…
– Real-time operations and notifications
– Tracking and visibility
– Mobile functionality
– Data analysis
– Dashboards and reporting capabilities
– High-level Security
– Support for third party integrations