16 Best Project Management Apps for iOS and Android in 2022
Managing a project is a nightmare for project managers without the aid of the right tools. To successfully manage multiple projects, you need to use the best project management applications that are suitable for your project needs.
Project management apps are an essential business management tool for every organization. They help improve productivity and make it easier to manage your projects from project initiation to project closure.
There are so many project management apps for iOS and Android available in the market, and every year new project management apps are added to the market.
Choosing the best project management application for your project needs from the abundance of options can be tricky especially if you do not know the key features to look out for.
In this article, you will learn about 16 of the best project management apps for iOS and Android.
Best Project Management Apps for iOS and Android
Best Overall Choice for iOS and Android with Great User Interface
- Navigation: Monday.com’s mobile applications give you multiple ways to navigate and interact with your project management workspace. These options range from zooming in and out with finger gestures to an optimized landscape mode to drag and drop features for easy workspace editing.
- Board Actions: Although you perform these through slightly different processes than the web and desktop versions, Monday.com allows you to perform a host of actions on your boards. You rename your board, delete or archive it, duplicate your board, change its type, and have access to the last individuals that viewed it. You also have access to activity logs, subscribe team members to the board from the mobile app, and easily share boards.
- Visualizations: Monday.com only allows you to add or make use of four visualization options; a calendar view, timeline view, kanban view, and battery view.
- Mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Task tracking through customizable “My Focus” feature
- Easy access to inbox and notifications
- View all dashboards
- Free plan for two users
- 14-day free trial and discounted yearly plans
Monday.com is available to you through five plans: individual, basic, standard, pro, and enterprise.
- The individual plan is free for up to two users.
- The basic plan comes with unlimited viewers and helps you manage your team’s work in one dashboard.
- The standard plan is best for improved team collaborations.
- The pro plan helps you streamline your complex workflows and comes with time tracking options.
- The enterprise plan comes with enterprise-grade automations, integrations, analytics, and security.
Try out Monday.com’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Simple Project Management Software with Extended Project Visualization Options
- Views: With ClickUp, you have access to five visualization options. These include the list view, board view, calendar view, doc view, and chat view. The list view remains the most optimized, offering you a host of grouping, sorting, and filtering options for more functionality. Also, the chat view comes with options that allow you to create messages, communicate, and always stay on track through notifications.
- Quick Actions: With quick actions, you seamlessly and quickly execute certain important workflows. These include actions to create tasks, set reminders, create new documents, and access a notepad for quick jottings.
- Dark mode
- Global font support
- Easy workspace toggling
- Search and filtering options
- Multiple notification options
- Favorites tab
- 24/7 live support
- 30-day free trial
You have access to ClickUp’s services through five plans: the free forever plan, the unlimited plan, the business plan, the business plus plan, and the enterprise plan.
- The free forever plan is best for personal use and comes with unlimited tasks and users.
- The unlimited plan is ideal for small teams and offers unlimited dashboards and integrations.
- The business plan is suitable for mid-sized teams and comes with advanced features.
- The business plus plan is best for multiple teams and comes with team sharing features.
- The enterprise plan is best for many large teams and comes with additional security, control, and dedicated support options.
Try ClickUp’s 30-day free plan to get started.
Best Project Management Mobile App for Small Business with Highly Centralized Workspace
Teamwork is an all-in-one project management platform for small businesses trusted by a host of top brands including Disney, Netflix, Panasonic, HP, PayPal, and Spotify.
- Comprehensive Workspace: In addition to an immediate overview of your daily tasks, meetings, and milestones, the Teamwork mobile application presents you with a “My Day” feature. With this, you have access to tasks that need urgent attention, due milestones, and close meeting dates. You also have access to a full calendar view for more effective schedule management.
- Quick Actions: Just like ClickUp, Teamwork lets you perform quick actions and hasten your project management workflow. You easily and quickly create new projects and tasks, set times for meetings, create messages, or log billable and non-billable time. A quick search option is also placed at your disposal.
- Easy time tracking
- In-app link loading
- Comprehensive project and task list management options
- Great notification features
- Free plan
- 30-day free trial
Teamwork is available to users through four plans: the Free Forever plan, the Deliver plan, the Grow plan, and the Scale plan.
- The Free Forever plan is best for individuals and small businesses.
- The Deliver plan is suitable for managing multiple projects and comes with an integrated team chat.
- The Grow plan is ideal for large teams and comes with up to 50 project templates.
- The Scale plan is suitable for businesses with large project management needs and comes with an advanced report scheduler and unlimited project templates.
Try Teamwork 30-day free trial to get started.
Most Configurable Enterprise Project Management Application with Great Collaboration And Automation Options
- Real-Time Collaborations: Through the Wrike mobile applications, you have access to a chat hub where team members and stakeholders have discussions and share files.
- Multi-Lingual: Wrike’s mobile applications are available to you in 8 languages; English, Polish, Spanish, French, German, Turkish, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian, Portuguese, and Russian.
- Visualization: Easily switch between multiple project visualization options such as Gantt charts, Kanban boards, drag and drop charts, and workload views.
- Offline mode
- Easy access to reports and documents
- Request forms
- Easy app downloads
- Advanced security features
- 14-day free trial
Wrike offers you five pricing plans: the free plan, the business plan, the enterprise plan, and the pinnacle plan.
- The free plan is best for individuals and comes with unlimited users and an AI assistant.
- The professional plan is best for fast-growing teams (supports up to 200 users) and features Gantt charts.
- The business plan is best for all teams across an organization and comes with additional customization and resource management options.
- The enterprise plan is ideal for large teams and comes with enterprise-grade security.
- The pinnacle plan is suitable for companies with complex workflows.
Try Wrike’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Web-Based Project Management Software with Great File Management Options
- Time Tracking: Through a timesheet module, you continue your time tracking workflows from anywhere and at any time. You easily log hours used to deal with tasks and issues and also have access to information about already logged hours spanning days, weeks, or months.
- Files and Documents: This mobile project management application lets you easily upload and share your files and documents within it. Your team members have access to the latest version of every document uploaded for the project. The mobile app does not stop there as you also get to multi-select files to act on them at the same time.
- Visualization: Zoho Projects also makes the list and kanban board views available to you through the mobile application, with switching between these views made easy.
- Landscape and portrait optimizations
- Color customization options
- Real-time updates
- Comment threads
- Easy task and issue submission
- 10-day free trial
Zoho Projects’ offers three pricing plans: the free plan, the premium plan, and the enterprise plan.
- The free plan is best for individual use and supports up to three users.
- The premium plan allows you to manage unlimited projects.
- The enterprise plan comes with up to 20 templates and multiple customization options.
Try Zoho Projects’ 10-day free trial to get started.
Ideal Project Management App that Places Focus On Meeting Management
- Voice Input Options: With the iOS mobile app, you easily create tasks using voice input. The application also implements transcription features, helping you create tasks, assignees, and even deadlines from what is picked out from audio files.
- Meetings: Asana also equips you with intuitive features to facilitate meetings through its mobile apps for iOS and Android. Creating a “meeting agenda project” allows you to create and assign tasks, as well as agendas for reference before, during, and after meetings. Annotations and character recognition features are also available to be used over shared images.
- Notifications: A lot of focus is also put on your notifications, with the application ensuring that you receive reminders and real-time updates concerning your project at the right time.
- Real-time notifications
- Project portfolio management
- Basic administration control
- Proofing options
- Drag and drop features
- Search feature
- 30-day free trial
You have access to Asana through three plans: the basic plan, the premium plan, and the business plan.
- The basic plan is free for individuals or teams just getting started with project management and comes with unlimited tasks, projects, and activity logs.
- The premium plan is best for multiple teams and comes with advanced search and reporting.
- The business plan is best for large teams and organizations with portfolio management options,
Asana also offers an enterprise plan that comes with extended security and custom branding options.Try out Asana’s 30-day free trial to get started.
7. Toggl Plan
Simple Project Management Application with Comprehensive Time Tracking Features
- Time Tracking: Toggl Plan places a major focus on time tracking through its mobile application, equipping you with multiple ways to log hours. In addition to a timer that could be triggered at the beginning and end of work within the project, you also have the option of manually logging the time spent. This project management app also begins to make suggestions on time entries based on previously recorded data.
- Charts: The mobile application also places multiple visualization options in the form of charts and graphs at your disposal.
- Calendar integration
- “@” and “#” for shortcuts
- Dark mode
- Easily downloadable
- Siri shortcuts for iOS
- Comes as a widget for iOS
- 14-day free trial
Toggl Plan is available to you through three plans: the solo plan, the team plan, and the business plan.
- The solo plan is free and suitable for individuals and offers unlimited time tracking and projects.
- The team plan is ideal for small teams and comes with visual project and resource planning features.
- The business plan is best for teams that work with external stakeholders.
Try out Toggl Plan’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Online Collaborative Application with Intuitive Location Tracking Capability
- Location Tracking: Through the use of GPS data and an interactive map, you have access to information about your movement anywhere you are. You easily identify your current location, previous routes, and also timestamps about where you were at particular points. A feature allowing you to track other users is currently in development.
- Task Tracking: Toggl plan also lets you easily record and keep track of tasks and time spent on them. You either toggle a timer on or off as you start and complete tasks or manually record time data.
- Integrations: The full Toggl Plan project management workspace is still in a beta testing stage, so to cover this, the mobile application comes with integrations with other top project management tools like Trello and Asana, among others. These integrations allow you to easily import data about your tasks and export time tracking data back to your integrated software.
- 14-day free trial
- High-quality integrations
- Specific location tracking through Job Sites.
- Intuitive tracking maps
Hubstaff spreads its pricing across three different categories: Hubstaff Time for simple time tracking and reporting, Hubstaff Desk with plans that offer extra features for time tracking and team management, and Hubstaff Field for GPS location tracking and team management.
All categories of Hubstaff plan come with free and enterprise plans with all plans charged per user.
Try out Hubstaff’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Top-Rated Project Management App with Great Task Organization Options
- Visualization: Alongside customizable boards, lists, and Trello cards, Trello equips you with multiple visualization options for your data. These include a calendar view to check and monitor schedules, a timeline view for project status and progress, and a map view to visualize tasks. The Trello card view helps you properly categorize and organize your tasks, checklists, labels, images, documents, links, and due dates, among other project elements.
- Collaborations: Trello does not just allow you to break down and assign tasks to different team members within its mobile application. You also get to interact with other team members, receive feedback, and share files through its collaboration hub.
- Notifications: This mobile application keeps you up-to-date with activities within your project management workflow. You receive real-time push notifications when cards are assigned, updated, or work on them is completed.
- Fast task management workflow
- Offline mode
- Easy access to boards and cards
- Voice commands to open cards and boards
- Easy checklist update
- 14-day free trial
Trello comes to you through four plans: the free plan, the standard plan, the premium plan, and the enterprise plan.
- The free plan is best for individuals or teams with unlimited cards and activity logs.
- The standard plan is ideal for teams with unlimited boards.
- The premium plan is suitable for up to 100 users and comes with extra visualization options.
- The enterprise plan is best for organizations with extra administration options.
Try out Trello’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Agile Project Management Software Tool that Offers Extended Integrations
- Integrations: Basecamp improves your project management functionality through multitudes of integrations for time tracking, invoicing, task management, accounting, reporting, visualizations, and even software development. These integrated applications include Unito.io, Zapier, Toggl, Ganttify, Git Helpers, and Ziflow, among a lot of others.
- Centralized Workspace: With Basecamp, you compile different elements of your project management workflow on a single platform. These elements include your message boards, to-do lists, check-ins, schedules, documents, and files.
- Emails: The project management software also allows you to receive email notifications and send replies directly from your email inbox.
- 30-day free trial
- Extensive and dynamic list of integrations
- Cost friendly (no per-user fees)
- Unlimited projects and users
You have access to Basecamp after paying a single flat fee. Try out Basecamp’s 30-day free trial with no credit card required to get started.
Best Project Management App with Comprehensive Issue Management Features
nTask is a cloud-based project management platform with highly dedicated solutions for small businesses and individuals.
- Collaborations: The mobile app effectively facilitates collaborations between team members and clients. You easily share files, attachments, meeting notifications, and reminders, among others, over the same collaboration hub.
- Issue and Risk Management: To take care of emerging issues within your project management framework, the mobile application also comes with intuitive issue management options. You quickly create issues, assign issues to team members, and receive real-time updates on developments towards issue resolution. This project management app allows you to define internal and external risks to your project and appoint team members to take care of these risks through the app.
- Time Tracking: With nTask’s mobile applications, you have access to timesheets to easily keep track of time spent on tasks and the entire project. Multiple timesheets are created for multiple teams and you have options to easily log, approve, track, and maintain these timesheets.
- 14-day free trial
- Extensive task management options
- Great team management features
- Extended meeting management options
- Centralized workspaces
You have access to nTask’s services through four plans: the basic plan, the premium plan, the business plan, and the enterprise plan.
- The basic plan is free for up to five users.
- The premium plan is best for small and medium enterprises and comes with bulk action capabilities and advanced board views.
- The business plan is best for large businesses and comes with risk management options.
- The enterprise plan comes with custom onboarding and a dedicated cloud.
Try out nTask’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Affordable Task Management Application that Presents You with Gantt Charts
- Collaborations: Even with the free version of MeisterTask, you create an unlimited number of tasks and distribute them among your team members. Real-time communication is maintained amongst team members, timely notifications are sent, comments are left on tasks, and individuals have the option of placing “likes” on actions.
- Integrated Time Recording: MeisterTask also offers in-built time tracking capabilities within its mobile application.
- Custom wallpapers for dashboards and projects
- Gantt charts
- Report generation
- 30-day free trial
MeisterTask gives you access to its services through four plans: the basic plan, the pro plan, the business plan, and the enterprise plan.
- The basic plan is free and only supports up to three projects.
- The pro plan is best for small teams and offers unlimited projects.
- The business plan is best for large teams and offers extra collaboration features.
- The enterprise plan is ideal for large companies and comes with advanced security and access control features.
Try out MeisterTask’s 30-day free plan to get started.
13. Casual PM
Top-Rated Project Management Software Tool with Reliable and Instant Cross-Device Syncing
Trusted by over 500 teams, Casual PM is a web-based project management software that has enjoyed favorable mentions from top media outlets like Forbes and Lifehack.
- Centralized Workspace: Casual PM equips you with a centralized workspace within which you have instant access to your entire project history, tasks, progress, stored files, and notes. You have total control of your tasks as you easily track, edit, and make comments on tasks within the same workspace.
- Real-Time Sync: You enjoy real-time syncing between all your devices through timely and regular updates. This ensures you do not miss any changes made outside the mobile application and also have access to all changes made within the mobile application from other devices.
- 14-day free trial
- Proofing options
- Easy access to tasks and projects
- Integrations with external platforms
Casual PM is available to you through four plans: the personal plan, the starter plan, the team plan, and the enterprise plan.
- The personal plan is best for individuals and supports up to 2 users.
- The starter plan is ideal for small teams and supports up to 5 users.
- The team plan is suitable for large teams and supports up to 50 users.
- The enterprise plan is best for large organizations and supports more than 50 users.
All plans allow you to manage unlimited projects and provide access to free templates, guest accounts, and integrations with file-sharing and cloud storage services such as Box, Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox.
Try out Casual PM’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Best Project Management App For Only Apple Devices with Intuitive Resource Management Options
- Gantt Charts: OmniPlan’s mobile application equips you with intuitive Gantt charts for advanced visualization capabilities. With these Gantt charts, you easily track your project progress and resources on a single workspace while maintaining complete visualization of other elements of your project.
- Resource Leveling: In addition to complete project visualization, the mobile application also gives you resource management capabilities. You easily make changes to resource allocations based on the information gotten from your resource tracking workflows.
- Multi-Project Dashboards: Portfolio management is another feature you enjoy through the mobile application. You have access to dashboards that display information on multiple projects at the same time.
- 14-day free trial
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Intuitive network diagrams
- In-built collaboration features
- Milestone tracking
- Comes in 11 languages
OmniPlan is available to you either through monthly or yearly subscriptions. Try out OmniPlan’s 14-day free trial to get started.
#1 Project Scheduling Software that Focuses on Task Management and Tracking
Podio is a project management software that focuses on intuitive workflows, customizations, and communications.
- Task Tracking: Through Podio’s Activity Stream feature, you receive detailed information about your tasks, helping you to effectively keep close tabs on how your task management workflows are progressing. You also maintain real-time one-on-one or group chats thanks to this same feature.
- Notifications: Podio also focuses on notifications. The application ensures that you do not fall behind, presenting you with timely notifications as different elements of your project change.
- Integrations: Podio gives you a chance to extend its functionality to include sales and account management processes through integrations with external platforms.
- Document Management: The mobile application does not just allow you to access your device files and documents from its workspace but also lets you share these files with other team members.
- Comes in nine different languages
- Customization options
- Group messaging options
- Real-time sync
- Automated workflows
Podio offers you four pricing plans: the free plan, the basic plan, the plus plan, and the premium plan.
- The free plan is best for individuals and supports up to five users and offers basic task management options.
- The basic plan is suitable for those getting started with project management and offers unlimited users.
- The plus plan helps you save time with automated workflow options.
- The premium plan is best for large teams and organizations and offers contact syncing and visual reports features.
Try out Podio’s free plan to get started
Best Project Management Application with Smart Notifications
Nifty serves as another reliable project management app to centralize the management of your communications, tasks, documents, and schedules.
- Centralized Workspace: A complete overview of your projects, as well as tasks, milestones, and individuals associated with them, are presented to you at a glance.
- Task Management: With Nifty, you engage in comprehensive task management. You easily create tasks, set due dates, assign users, and place comments on tasks from the same workspace.
- Collaborations: You also engage in direct communications through an intuitive chat hub, collaborate in documents, have communication channels open to clients, and categorize your communications based on teams and topics, among others.
- Easy navigation
- Smart notifications
- 14-day free trial
- Easy file management
- Custom task lists
- Kanban-style task views
Nifty comes to you through five plans: the free plan, the starter plan, the pro plan, the business plan, and the enterprise plan.
- The free plan is best for those getting started with project management.
- The starter plan supports up to 40 projects.
- The pro plan is ideal for growing teams and offers unlimited projects and clients features.
- The business plan is best for advanced teams and offers up to 1TB of cloud storage.
- The enterprise plan is great for large enterprises.
Try out Nifty’s 14-day free trial to get started.
Key Features of the Best Project Management Apps for iOS and Android
From the onset, mobile devices have been built to facilitate communication. What is a mobile project management app that does not provide this very important feature, especially considering how important team collaborations are important to project success?
Collaboration in project management is defined by the presence of certain features or elements within your project management framework: communication and sharing.
For communication, your mobile project management application is expected to offer you chat hubs for one-on-one or group discussions. You additionally have team members intuitively communicate within the application through features like commenting, “@” mentioning, emailing, and even video calls.
File-sharing within a mobile application is also important. What is more, the best project management apps allow you to share files within the same workspace or hub with which you communicate with your team members. Features that facilitate collaborations remain one of the most important to look out for.
Project management and the framework you build for it comprise a lot of elements and collated data. To make these easier to manage, multiple visualization options are provided by software developers. You do not want to use project management software without sufficient visualization options.
The best project management apps do not just offer you a single view for your project workflow but equip you with both dedicated and advanced views for more efficiency. These dedicated views range from timeline views to list views to calendar views, to mention a few. Advanced visualization options include kanban boards and Gantt charts for advanced project tracking and optimizations.
Having access to these through your mobile applications gives you sufficient tools to efficiently track your different project elements and resources while making changes to them.
Comparing the top tools on our list, time, resource, and task tracking remain constant between them, and for good reasons. Sometimes, making use of mobile devices, rather than personal computers and desktops, could be a result of your need to move around a lot.
Where remote team members are involved, how do you keep track of the progress made towards goals or the amount of effort put into work by each individual?
Access to resource and task tracking options means access to the much-needed solutions you need to measure performance and keep all members on track. The availability of this through a mobile app makes it even more seamless.
In addition to these three key features, some others are worth mentioning. These include quick actions for fast workflows, user-friendliness, integrations with external platforms, offline editing, and quick notifications.
Which Project Management Apps Should I Try?
The best project management apps for iOS and Android you should try depends on your project needs. Ideally, you want to look for key features such as team collaborations, project tracking, multiple visualization, quick notifications, and user-friendliness.
- If you are searching for a project management app for Android and iOS devices with a great user interface and customizable dashboards, you should try Monday.com and ClickUp.
- If you are looking for a mobile project management application with top team collaboration and automation tools, choose Wrike and Teamwork.
- If you are in need of a project management app for iOS and Android with smart notifications and project scheduling features, you should try Asana, Podio, and Nifty.
- If you are searching for a mobile-friendly project management application with advanced reporting and issue management features, choose Basecamp and nTask.
- If you are looking for a project management app for small businesses, you should try Zoho Projects and Trello.
- If you are looking for a Mac-friendly project management application with intuitive resource management options, OmniPlan is your best bet.
- If you are looking for a mobile-friendly project management app with cross-device syncing, time tracking, and location tracking features, you should try Casual PM, Toggl Plan, and HubStaff.
- If you are searching for a project management app for iOS and Android with a dedicated Gantt chart marker, you should try MeisterTask.
Overall, try out the free plan or available free trials on the premium plans on any project management app for iOS and Android you pick to find out if it has the features you need.